Micky Adams and the Way Forward......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

...I am one of the many who at present is deeply concerned with the way the team is performing and the demeanour of both the players and management team at present, but now is the time for us all to unite behind the team and Micky and really go for it.

I know performances especially at home have been well below the required standard and this has resulted in a very quiet and subdued Walkers home crowd. Here is my suggestion on how to get this season back on track.

All of us love this club so much and the most important thing is for Leicester City to be successful so lets get behind the team and manager from the first whistle to the last, sing and scream ourselves hoarse with positive support, lets show we are behind the manager and players, this may well help lift some of the pressure and allow the team to play with more freedom and may also help motivate the team to put in that extra 10 or 20% to turn things around.

Also this positivity would eminate to Micky and this may provide Micky the platform to change the way we play as he will be under less pressure. Whilst i think we have been paitent at recent matches, I do believe we have been lethargic in our support. So lets get behind the team 110% and lets do our bit then the rest is up to Micky and the team.

Then if the team still doesnt perform at least they cant level it at the supporters. Looking at it from a realisitic point of view the fans, Micky and the team have probably all performed well below the required standard.

So starting at Cov lets see the phoenix from the flames that is Leicester rise up and be reborn. The season starts Saturday 16 October 2004.

MICKY ADAMS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

This was also a topic of discussion at the Trust board meeting.

As fans we certainly aren't making it fortress Filbo and whatever the thoughts on the merits of substitutions which side will be lifted by chants of 'You don't know what you are doing' - yes our opposition.

We suggest getting behind the team for the full 90 minutes (how ever difficult the performance may make that) & then if disapproval is to be shown than do it at the final whistle.

Even showing a reaction at half time may not help the confidence of the players - which many clearly seem to lose at home so easily at this time.

All very good in theory, but I know that when some stupid desicion is made that i know is going to cost us the game, I for one, want ma and the board to know that every person in that stadium, except ma. can see how shite he is managing the team. and that he has to go.

If you cant change the person. change the person. and as much as we all want ma to turn into some managment genius, I think we all know that he wont and if by some reason he dose not screw it up against cov he will screw it up on the next match.

There is no hope and the faith is gone

He must go

Tim, do something PLEASE

step said:
All very good in theory, but I know that when some stupid desicion is made that i know is going to cost us the game, I for one, want ma and the board to know that every person in that stadium, except ma. can see how shite he is managing the team. and that he has to go.

If you cant change the person. change the person. and as much as we all want ma to turn into some managment genius, I think we all know that he wont and if by some reason he dose not screw it up against cov he will screw it up on the next match.

There is no hope and the faith is gone

He must go

Tim, do something PLEASE

The more you get on his and the teams back the more the team is likely not to perform, simple. If you dont want to go to support your team, dont go. I would rather have 500 loyal "supporting" fans than 22000 booers who have no idea what that can do to a players confidence, resulting in another loss/draw. Dispite what you all claim, its all about the fans, if they dont want to get behind the team, boo, chant "you dont know what ur doing" then its going to raise the opposition and our moral is going to fall even further. Micky aint the one letting the club down, the fans are!

Equally
If you can change the person.don't change the person for the sake of a change of person.

Keep the Faith said:
So starting at Cov lets see the phoenix from the flames that is Leicester rise up and be reborn. The season starts Saturday 16 October 2004.

MICKY ADAMS BLUE AND WHITE ARMY

My birthday.

Foxes_Trust said:

As fans we certainly aren't making it fortress Filbo and whatever the thoughts on the merits of substitutions which side will be lifted by chants of 'You don't know what you are doing' - yes our opposition.

We suggest getting behind the team for the full 90 minutes (how ever difficult the performance may make that) & then if disapproval is to be shown than do it at the final whistle.

Even showing a reaction at half time may not help the confidence of the players - which many clearly seem to lose at home so easily at this time.

A good idea but none of the invisible people who run our club will put their neck on the line with a statement to unite us.

highland fox said:
Equally
If you can change the person.don't change the person for the sake of a change of person.

is that in the second person or first person plural ?

lazzer said:
highland fox said:
Equally

is that in the second person or first person plural ?

Joe_Fox thinks it is in third person :lol:

Foxes_Trust said:

This is typical Foxes Trust stuff - extremely well meant but a tad vacuous.
The reason we are not winning games at the Walkers is little to do with the fans and slightly more to do with the inability of the side to open up teams that know if they defend in numbers and show patience then the least they are likely to come away with is a point and (given our usual tendency to either get a player sent off or commit some bizarre error - e.g. concede a goal from approx 110 yards) stand a good chance of picking up all three points.
Until either the manager changes his game plan or until the team listen to what the manager is saying then results will continue to disappoint.
The current squad of players should be well capable of being in the top three of this poor division and most fans know this - that's why there is a poor atmosphere.

step said:
I think we would be doing a lot better if the team did not do what adams tells them

reminds me of the rumour of the taggart led rebellion against PT when the players decided to switch to 3-5-2 at half time as PT's 4-4-2 was crap!

SamJ

Redditch Fox said:
This is typical Foxes Trust stuff - extremely well meant but a tad vacuous.
The reason we are not winning games at the Walkers is little to do with the fans and slightly more to do with the inability of the side to open up teams that know if they defend in numbers and show patience then the least they are likely to come away with is a point and (given our usual tendency to either get a player sent off or commit some bizarre error - e.g. concede a goal from approx 110 yards) stand a good chance of picking up all three points.
Until either the manager changes his game plan or until the team listen to what the manager is saying then results will continue to disappoint.
The current squad of players should be well capable of being in the top three of this poor division and most fans know this - that's why there is a poor atmosphere.

We aren't saying its the fans fault we are losing that is obviously down to the players & the way they are managed. All we are saying is that the fans are not helping the players confidence & if we can help the players by making a supportive noise then we should do it.

Chandler said:
Spurs, 4-4, losing HT, winning er you know the rest.

(apparently voted game of season by Sky Sports Viewers)

sorry chandler, i know the game but how is this related to the thread?

The 4-4 game was MA not PT which I know you know and I was referring to a home game under PT where we switched tactics at half time.

SamJ

Seems like Gerry made a habit of stickin' two fingers up to management. He got shipped off to Stoke after his act of defiance @ WHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669