Micky Adams Appointed Albion Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listy

Micky Adams Appointed Albion Boss

Albion are reappointing Micky Adams as manager with immediate effect. Dean Wilkins has been offered the role of first-team coach at the club.

Chairman Dick Knight explained, "This decision has not been taken lightly, but the Board feel we need a manager with the wealth of experience to help the club make the leap into the Championship.

"Dean's strengths lie in coaching and the development of players and that is why we have offered him the role of senior coach under Micky."

Adams has agreed a three-year deal with Albion. He and Wilkins worked together during the former's first spell at the club, while assistant boss Dean White was appointed to Albion's coaching staff by Adams in 2000.

All of Albion's backroom and coaching staff - including White, reserve-team boss Ian Chapman and chief scout Barry Lloyd - will all remain in their existing positions.

Adams was in charge of one the most successful periods in the club's history, leading Albion to the Third Division Championship in 2000/01 and also laid the foundations for the club's successive championship in 2002.

He has also enjoyed promotion success at Fulham and Leicester City, taking the Foxes to the Premiership, and most recently was assistant manager at Colchester United.

Adams said, "Having worked at the club previously, which was a fantastic and rewarding experience, to get the chance to manage a super football club like Brighton & Hove Albion again was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.

"I look forward to working alongside Dean Wilkins, the players and the rest of the coaching staff - and working together with the Albion supporters - to try and get this club back into the Championship as we move towards our new home ."

I hope he does well. Having had a good few managers since he left has certainly improved my opinion of him. Cov supporters might disagree.

I hope he does well. Having had a good few managers since he left has certainly improved my opinion of him. Cov supporters might disagree.

And everyone of them was either always or ultimately unsuccessful. If you add in PT and Harry Basset it seems we have always appointed a plonker or someone who just can't cut it at the level we need since MON

I hope it goes well for him,I think both Adams and Levein are ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670