Micky Adams is favourite for Wolves manager's job :o(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorkwolf said:
This could be the death of us. :cry: Your thoughts please. :roll:

Thought you had pissed off for good! Wouldn't wish Wolverhampton Wanderers on anyone, hope Adams has more self-respect than going there. :lol:

Dorkwolf said:

I think Micky could still prove to be a good manager but I think he could have big problems with people like Ince in the Wolves dressing room, one of my big questions about Micky is how he deals with people who stand their ground if they think he is wrong and I think there are a few that would do that there. At least he will get that question answered early. Do you have any money to spend? He really didn't have much chance to show what he could do if he could buy in players he wanted rather than just take what who was going free. The three that he bought for (not much) money Williams, Connolly and Canero are looking as though they could be good buys in the medium to long term. It would also be interesting to see the type of players he would get with a free hand, I was never sure how much was Micky's choice and how much Dave Bassett's. I would wish him well, except of course if there was any conflict with the good of the City :)

Dorkwolf said:
What's happened to Scarecrow and Teeno ? :roll:
they fecked off to a fantastic new site! It's brill dork, you should try it, you'll love you there. they'd love you!
search for posts by scowy and click the link in his signature...
bye

MKFox said:
Dorkwolf said:
What's happened to Scarecrow and Teeno ? :roll:
they fecked off to a fantastic new site! It's brill dork, you should try it, they'll love you there. they'd love you!
search for posts by scowy and click the link in his signature...
bye

He's right Dorky, it is fantastic^

We could do with MA getting a job then he might come and take some of the deadwood off our hands.

gloucesterfox said:
Dorkwolf said:

I think Micky could still prove to be a good manager but I think he could have big problems with people like Ince in the Wolves dressing room, one of my big questions about Micky is how he deals with people who stand their ground if they think he is wrong and I think there are a few that would do that there. At least he will get that question answered early. Do you have any money to spend? He really didn't have much chance to show what he could do if he could buy in players he wanted rather than just take what who was going free. The three that he bought for (not much) money Williams, Connolly and Canero are looking as though they could be good buys in the medium to long term. It would also be interesting to see the type of players he would get with a free hand, I was never sure how much was Micky's choice and how much Dave Bassett's. I would wish him well, except of course if there was any conflict with the good of the City :)

I also think that he would benefit from a break from managership for a few months.

It seemed to me that he was shell shocked in his last couple of months & had completely lost the plot.

I agree that he seems to have great difficulty handling 'personalities' especially when they have had more distinguished playing careers than himself.

That said it would be good to see him suceed

I think Micky will prove himself to be a good manager, but I dont think a club as big as Wolves with big name players is where Micky should be at this moment, IMO he needs to do what PT did and rebuild his career at a smaller, lower profile club, this would suit MA as he wouldnt be in the media goldfish bowl as much and also he wouldnt be working with big name players, who he seems to have problems dealing with.

I cannot see a club like Wolves selecting a manager who was struggling with a club deemed to be a rival in the same division. I cannot imagine that we would have been interested in Dave Jones. Mind you he gave himself a terrific reference in the 4-3 last season.

Welcome back Dorky... good to see you buddy.

As for Micky Adams... well he'll add 5 years onto Paul Ince's career :wink: :wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566