Micky Adams talks about Micky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

MICKY ADAMS has urged Coventry City's board to stand firm and give him more time to turn results round.

The Sky Blues boss knows he is walking a tightrope and that the outcome of tonight's FA Cup third round replay against Bristol City may determine his future at the Ricoh Arena.

"The rumours are rife and it is a must-win - apparently!" he said, "but for the last month I have been in must-win games.

"I am not kidding myself. I know a lot of managers would be out of a job by now.

"Martin O'Neill would be out of a job by now because he is on a worse run than me at the minute but people are not questioning him, they are questioning the circumstances at the club.

"So we have to question the circumstances to a degree but we have all, collectively, got a responsibility.

"I don't hide behind that. I know that results are not right at the minute and that I am under the spotlight.

"I am going through one of those spells but lots of managers go through what I am but it is not always the manager that crumbles first.

"It can be other people. But as I have said many times, I won't be the one that crumbles!"

And Adams insists he has not lost his players, adding: "I have never known a manager yet who has lost a dressing room.

"I take heart from lots of things, not least the performance of the players.

"That might sound strange when you are losing games of football.

"Individual errors cost us massively on Saturday and it would have been easy for them to come in and throw in the towel but they didn't.

"I know it is easy to play when you are 4-0 down but it could have been 5-0, 6-0 or 7-0, but they kept going."

He added: "Even my dad rang me yesterday - that's how worried he is.

"So I know I have got problems when my dad rings me up and asks me about my back four because he is probably sat at home reading the papers."

Adams is hoping for more time but if it does all come to an end, he insists he will leave with his head held high.

"If I left the job tomorrow I would feel reasonably content because I gave Highfield Road a fantastic send off and took the club to their highest league finish since dropping out of the Premier League," he said.

"I am having a dodgy spell but what I have done in the past should give me a little bit of breathing space.

"But I know it won't be my decision and people won't see a headline saying 'Micky Adams Resigns,' and I will tell you why.

"Because I have got a responsibility not only to myself and my family, but also to my staff and their families because if I do that I am affecting them as well because a new man could come in and clear them out, so there is no way I will be resigning."

:icon_roll :017: :095: :101: :101: :101:

From iccoventry.co.uk

Radio 5 presenter asked MA about his future.

MA.....' all will be revealed in the next 24 hrs'

Coventry board member.......' MA will attend a board meeting at 11am tomorrow, this can't carry on '

:006::073:

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but the Dour family went to view Mickeh's Market Harborough house when he was selling it.

It was oddly tragic, and I (for me, surprisingly) haven't been able to work up a proper hatred for him since.

I don't know if this is the right place to mention it, but the Dour family went to view Mickeh's Market Harborough house when he was selling it.

It was oddly tragic, and I (for me, surprisingly) haven't been able to work up a proper hatred for him since.

In what way?

Imo MA is a decent bloke but will need to prove himself at a lower level if hes to manage a higher profile club again.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him back at Brighton. His career seems to be on a similar course to that of Brian Little.

Was funny on 5live tonight, the covscum fans ringing in to moan about how Adams, how hes lost it, dont know what hes doing, shows no passion on the touchline, any of this sound familiar? Think Mickey's days are numbered, and im loving Covsacums pain!!!! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

In what way?

There were a few things. The two most disconcerting were that they'd built on a games room, with a full-size snooker table, around which he'd put up his most important football memorabilia. The room, despite being well-fitted out, just had the air of a forgotten museum. It looked like it had rarely been used - and there was just that overwhelming sense of reminiscence over past glories.

The second is that the house was so closed in on itself. It's on the inside of the bend of the canal, facing out onto an open green where most kids would love to play. And yet the whole house was about locking out the outside to create a private space. Given where it was, throwing all that away in the need for privacy did make me wonder. And, surprisingly, sympathise.

There were a few things. The two most disconcerting were that they'd built on a games room, with a full-size snooker table, around which he'd put up his most important football memorabilia. The room, despite being well-fitted out, just had the air of a forgotten museum. It looked like it had rarely been used - and there was just that overwhelming sense of reminiscence over past glories.

The second is that the house was so closed in on itself. It's on the inside of the bend of the canal, facing out onto an open green where most kids would love to play. And yet the whole house was about locking out the outside to create a private space. Given where it was, throwing all that away in the need for privacy did make me wonder. And, surprisingly, sympathise.

he was just trying to keep duzzas lense out

Micky Adams is a prize nutter

Last edited:
Got more points than us.....

My thoughts precisely

But apparently we are doing really great, and Kelly is a great coach - whereas MA is clearly a terrible coach who has lost the plot

So that's all OK, then

Was he moving out of the area?

I think he has 5 kids and one of them is disabled, so whilst Adams the manager may be there to be shot at, he's got his work cut out with his family, can't be nice having to move all the while

I know he's paid well but still........

My thoughts precisely

But apparently we are doing really great, and Kelly is a great coach - whereas MA is clearly a terrible coach who has lost the plot

So that's all OK, then

Not only is he a really great coach, he's a nice man

Was he moving out of the area?

I think he has 5 kids and one of them is disabled, so whilst Adams the manager may be there to be shot at, he's got his work cut out with his family, can't be nice having to move all the while

I know he's paid well but still........

I think the estate agent said he was moving out of MH, but not Leicestershire. I can't remember if he said where to (this was about March/April 2004). But if he kept south of Leicester, I doubt he'd have had to move again for Cov...

There were boxes of plastic trash everywhere, so 5 kids doesn't sound unreasonable.

The house sold immediately. Some geezer put in an offer for the full price as soon as he got the details and without having seen it, according to the agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566