Micky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep the Faith

I for one have been one of MA's supporters, and despite the relegation last season up till now had thought he had done a decent job in difficult circumstances. I thought he had bought some decent players this summer and that geniunely we had cause for optimism.

Now after 4 games we find ourselves 19th with only 4 points, but what is causing me most concern is that we have only scored twice this season, we have failed to score in 75% of the games played so far !

There appears to be a lack of confidence in the team at present usually associated with a team that has just experienced relegation, but worringly for me most of last years squad have fecked off elsewhere, compared with the previous promotion campaign when with the majority of the previous seasons squad we lost only 6 games all season. My concern at present is that MA cannot motivate this team, is it possible that something is going on behind the scenes that disrupting morale.

For Example :

1) Is MA favourite for the saints job and the players know its just a matter of time before he leaves therefore respect has gone ( just like Sven at Lazio).

2) Has MA be given an ultimatum by the board and this pressure is rubbing off on the players.

3) Has MA lost the dressing room ( unlikely as most of the players are his signings )

4) Is MA a one trick pony who without a reason for a siege mentallity ( Administration or La Manga ) cannot motivate the team.

5) Or has MA just signed a load of useless prima donnas. - I dont think so.

Micky should be given time to see if it is not an early season blip and its not just whilst the team beds in and settles down, but if by October there is little or no improvement then I think then the board need to look at MA and whether he can motivate because on paper this squad is strong enough and talented enough to finish champions.

If MA does go I would like to see either Gary McAlister or possibly someone like a John Gregory take over, someone who knows the club and understands what the fans want - passion. And if he really is bored and pissed off in scotland winning all the time theres always MON if only.

Keep the Faith said:
. For Example :

1) Is MA favourite for the saints job and the players know its just a matter of time before he leaves therefore respect has gone ( just like Sven at Lazio).

I would be astonished if MA is being considered for the Saints job. Micky's stock has fallen a long way in the last year since he was seen as hot property.

Why on earth would Robert Lowe want a manager who is getting rotten results in a lower division and is stuck with a reputation for a style of play that is the subject of derision - except of course when it produces results.

There are only one way MA is likely to get back to the Premiership and that is by becoming a winner again -he's not been winning games since May 2003.

Could it just be that MA is like Barry Fry or John Beck the old Cambridge manager. Very good in the lower leagues but not good enough at this level and the PL.

I am just getting the sense that MA has gone as far as he can go. :wink:

I think Moyes wil go, and we might look at him, also Geln Hoddel might be looking for a job?

Foxes_Never_Quit said:
Madness. You woulds serioulsly prefer John Gregory?

Why noy he is proven at premiership level, I tend to agree that maybe MA has gone as far as he can, he has bought a team full of people who are used to playing football on the ground ( Williams at Forest, Keown at Arsenal, Wilcox at Leeds, Tiatto at Man City, Dabizas at Newcastle etc) but then resorts to route one tactics, if we want to play direct then dont sign these types of players.

In the summer when we signed these players, I for one believed we were going to mix our pattern of play up, play football and carve teams open but then mix it and battle when we neede to as well, but all thats happened is MA is asking players to play in a style that is alien to most of what they have been used to.

Fustratingly for me I can see we have a team capable of winning this division and in some style, but until MA stops playing the Bassett way i am afraid I cannot see us progressing.

Also as a side issue Peter Taylor was and still is an excellent lower league manager, but was found wanting at the higher levels, I am afraid that maybe in MA we have the same problem. Up until yesterday i was still confident but the performance and inability to score let alone take points of mediocre championship teams such as Watford has now made me very concerned. Remember George Burley was sacked 15 months after leading Ipswich into Europe following relegation and a poor start to the new season.

Me thinks maybe MA feels he is perhaps fireproof and maybe still believes he is highly sort after, possibly still living off his achievements of two years ago.

Football is all about the here and now. If he is not performing then he must go. But he needs a cvhance to prove himself yet.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before the 'Micky Adams out' chants will start? At this rate resonably quickly.

I think Radio Leicester's going to need an ambulance on hand after the phone in tomorrow. Chris Edgerton will problerly have a nervous breakdown with all that moaning!

Fox Fan said:
Football is all about the here and now. If he is not performing then he must go. But he needs a cvhance to prove himself yet.

I'm just wondering how long it will be before the 'Micky Adams out' chants will start? At this rate resonably quickly.

I think Radio Leicester's going to need an ambulance on hand after the phone in tomorrow. Chris Edgerton will problerly have a nervous breakdown with all that moaning!

I agree that he mus tbe given longer , in a previous post i stated that he should be given until October, this season there can be no excuses the board have backed MA has much as humanly possible bearing in mind our finances and he has been able to buy quality. MA has always had the excuse that you cant make a silk purse etc. This season that wont wash and MA is the man under pressure because we all know that the players bought in (Williams, Keown, Connolly, Dublin, Tiatto et al ) are all proven and if they dont perform then it will rest on MA shoulders. This season there is no hiding place for MA if he is to live up to his potential, on current performance which is all we can go off he could be found wanting.

we need dublin more than we realise.
he's back for next game isn't he?

Fox Fan said:
I think Moyes wil go, and we might look at him, also Geln Hoddel might be looking for a job?

You're living in cloud ****ing cuckoo land - you really have no idea of this club's internal structure at all do you? Hoddle? Where the **** do you expect the club to bankrole someone like him? He wants to manage clubs with a budget, which we don't have at all...Moyes? You're ****ing mad, we'd get Basset back if Adams left IMO, great, ****ing great.

Adams will make you eat your words, behave.

alex said:
Fox Fan said:

You're living in cloud **** cuckoo land - you really have no idea of this club's internal structure at all do you? Hoddle? Where the **** do you expect the club to bankrole someone like him? He wants to manage clubs with a budget, which we don't have at all...Moyes? You're **** mad, we'd get Basset back if Adams left IMO, great, **** great.

Four wins in the last twenty-two home games even PT had a better record, against better opposition. :roll:

Steven said:
alex said:
Fox Fan said:

You're living in cloud **** cuckoo land - you really have no idea of this club's internal structure at all do you? Hoddle? Where the **** do you expect the club to bankrole someone like him? He wants to manage clubs with a budget, which we don't have at all...Moyes? You're **** mad, we'd get Basset back if Adams left IMO, great, **** great.

Four wins in the last twenty-two home games even PT had a better record, against better opposition. :roll:

Yes, and look at the resources open to him for fock's sake? He spent ****ing millions of ****ing pounds and we're still ****ing paying for it.

Peter Taylor almost lost us a ****ing club Steven for ****'s sake, please don't mention his ****ing name and expect me to respect another ****ing anti-Adams rant.

Go on pal, name a better manager who realistically will manage our club, with no funds whatsoever and Premiership wanting fans, who now can't be ****ing arsed to show their ****ing faces on a ****ing Saturday as it's all suddenly too ****ing expensive.

Go on...

I am ashamed to be a leicester fan alongside certain muppets on this board. I'm afraid everything has to be sugar coated for some people and for the next couple of seasons it certainly isn't going to be that. We are still in a post-taylor hangover. Adams is doing the best he possibly can in all the conditions he has. We are not the man united of the first division. The expectations of some people are one of the causes of poor performances. The players need encouragement not moans and groans. Are we the most mardy arsed fans ever?

alex said:
Steven said:
alex said:
Fox Fan said:

Yes, and look at the resources open to him for fock's sake? He spent **** millions of **** pounds and we're still **** paying for it.

Peter Taylor almost lost us a **** club Steven for ****'s sake, please don't mention his **** name and expect me to respect another **** anti-Adams rant.

Go on pal, name a better manager who realistically will manage our club, with no funds whatsoever and Premiership wanting fans, who now can't be **** arsed to show their **** faces on a **** Saturday as it's all suddenly too **** expensive.

Go on...

Craig Levein
George Burley
Steffan Freund
Gordon Strachan

worcesterfox said:
I am ashamed to be a leicester fan alongside certain muppets on this board. I'm afraid everything has to be sugar coated for some people and for the next couple of seasons it certainly isn't going to be that. We are still in a post-taylor hangover. Adams is doing the best he possibly can in all the conditions he has. We are not the man united of the first division. The expectations of some people are one of the causes of poor performances. The players need encouragement not moans and groans. Are we the most mardy arsed fans ever?

I am not saying it has to be sugar coated but we also have to be realistic MA has managed to attract decent players this summer and has raised everybodys hopes and expectations, people are fustrated not only at results but the poor performances. All I am saying is that MA should be given enough time for the team to be able to gel and thats why the board should give him until October. But as the saying goes you are only as good as your last game.

We cannot continually hide behind the PT excuse either, MA said judge me when I have my own team, last season and this seasons are more or less his teams. I know we have little money but we have still managed to bring in Williams, Connolly, Dublin, Keown, Tiatto and Gudjonsson these players are hardly bargin basement and therefore this seasons there are no excuses. Granted last season was always going to be tough and MA was never under any serious pressure from the fans, but this time there can be no excuses and MA as LCFC manager will be accountable for the performances, this season will truly demonstrate whether MA can cut the mustard.

As for replacements it is too early to speculate, one thing I will say is that this time round with the squad that we currently have, I think potentially it would be an attractive job and that there would be plenty of managers interested.

Steven said:
alex said:
Steven said:
alex said:
Fox Fan said:

Yes, and look at the resources open to him for fock's sake? He spent **** millions of **** pounds and we're still **** paying for it.

Peter Taylor almost lost us a **** club Steven for ****'s sake, please don't mention his **** name and expect me to respect another **** anti-Adams rant.

Go on pal, name a better manager who realistically will manage our club, with no funds whatsoever and Premiership wanting fans, who now can't be **** arsed to show their **** faces on a **** Saturday as it's all suddenly too **** expensive.

Go on...

Craig Levein
George Burley
Steffan Freund
Gordon Strachan

Peter Taylor's name should be banned from association with LCFC except as part of a health warning.

As for the manager I don't give a damn if it's Mickey Adams or George Davies from Next so long as they do the club justice. City is a special club, with truly wonderful potential and and it deserves a special manager.

MA said:
"We've got to respond," Adams said. "There was a lot of expectancy on us, because for the first time I can remember for a long time the fans were expecting a victory.

"Sometimes that transpires against you."

So now it is the fans fault for expecting the side to win. :roll: :roll: :roll:

i agree with alex-too many people only like to see the good times roll and after a couple of defeats all of a sudden were in crisis and everyone wants MA out. Its a whole new team-you can't expect them to gel instantly. We started well 2 years ago because the team knew each other-this team doesn't. Give micky some credit he as at least brought in some decent players which will give us some hope for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363