Micky Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Is MA favourite for the saints job and the players know its just a matter of time before he leaves therefore respect has gone ( just like Sven at Lazio).

possible especially since he was originally linked soon after our good run in nov last year and then results dropped but I dont think this is the reason as I no longer think southampton will go for adams unless results suddenly improve.

2) Has MA be given an ultimatum by the board and this pressure is rubbing off on the players.

Interesting point, firstly I think he has been told he has to get promoted within 1 season this has hindered him buying for long term and has had to go for proven high level players which is why we still have a average high age. Secondly abput affecting match motivation I think it is the case.

3) Has MA lost the dressing room ( unlikely as most of the players are his signings )

I would agree, very early in the season with a squad that is mostly his signings.

4) Is MA a one trick pony who without a reason for a siege mentallity ( Administration or La Manga ) cannot motivate the team.

I think last time we went down we had a better established team while now we have good individuals but cant play as a team so more manager motivation is needed, your point seems accurate he somehow got a win away to birmingham but the motivation only lasted 1 game then :( and the administration seemed to motivate the players the year before apart from this I am seeing micky really struggling to motivate players, I think older players are harder to motivate as they have been there done that so that might be a factor but if he cant motivate these older players then he shouldnt be signing them.

5) Or has MA just signed a load of useless prima donnas. - I dont think so.

Im sceptical about a couple eg. blake and pressman but majorily these are outstanding players for this division and should produce good results but like as mentioned he has the wrong players for the current style of play, the midfield lacks bite due to lack of ball winning midfileders meaning we dont win the ball until we defending our box this is the main reason why we have less possesion and we are playing the long ball when we have a team capable of passing around. I see at the moment the team trying to soak up pressure and score on the break but I feel we havent the right players for this tactic and should play with possesion and pressure on the opposing team. God help us if walker gets injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363