Microsoft SQL server - interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

If you had an interview and the words SQL server came up and you were asked to give an example of how you've used it - what would you say. I'm looking for good examples of usage - and also some good phrases/words/jargon to throw in too.

If you had an interview and the words SQL server came up and you were asked to give an example of how you've used it - what would you say. I'm looking for good examples of usage - and also some good phrases/words/jargon to throw in too.
Internet Forums

wikipedia it

I would say "I use it every day to drive the data structure behind my websites". But that is true. If you don't use it I wouldn't lie, it's not something you will be able to blag

Blag it - Sounds like a challenge.

Duzz, from both admin and design perspectives.
Also, anyone ever used Rhythmyx CMS?

Last edited:
Blag it - Sounds like a challenge.

Duzz, from both admin and design perspectives.
Also, anyone ever used Rhythmyx CMS?

Its a massive product Joe and if youve never used a version of SQL before you will be fecked at even the most basic of questions outside your blagging. To do that from both an admin AND design perspective is totally unrealistic IMO. Are you even familiar with basic Transact-SQL??

I think Rythmyx is a Percussion tool but I've not seen it.

Last edited:
A little bit, but yes your are right, this may be unblaggable. Rhythmyx is a WMS web management system.

A little bit, but yes your are right, this may be unblaggable. Rhythmyx is a WMS web management system.

They clearly want a SQL Administrator/Developer ith some Rythmyx Development skills. Ever thought it's the wrong job?? :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Its a massive product Joe and if youve never used a version of SQL before you will be fecked at even the most basic of questions outside your blagging. To do that from both an admin AND design perspective is totally unrealistic IMO. Are you even familiar with basic Transact-SQL??

I think Rythmyx is a Percussion tool but I've not seen it.

perhaps they want SELECT a * performer FROM the pool of APLPICANTS

oh god a SQL joke, kill me now

let's get the SQL jokes out of our systems on here eh?

don't think they'd impress the ladies down the pub

;)

I would tell them that I would use it to book my City away tickets. But then I never want to work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669