• Gemmill and Nalis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gudjonnson and Nalis

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Right, now we have Stephen Hughes on board, what is people's preferred central midfield partnership from Williams, Hughes, Gudjonnson, Gemmill and Nalis? And what do you see as the advantages/disadvatnages of each partnership?

I'd say for now to stick with Williams and Gudjonnson, as there is no reason to change a winning formula, but i guess Hughes and Nalis are able deputies for when we need a change. Gemmill can say goodbye now IMO.

pipes said:
Right, now we have Stephen Hughes on board, what is people's preferred central midfield partnership from Williams, Hughes, Gudjonnson, Gemmill and Nalis?

I'd say for now to stick with Williams and Gudjonnson, as there is no reason to change a winning formula, but i guess Hughes and Nalis are able deputies for when we need a change. Gemmill can say goodbye now IMO.

I'll let you know when I see Hughes play :wink:

pipes said:

Can't see him changing it from Williams and Gudjonnson straight away. Think he'll start with them against Crewe.
But long term, i'm not so sure. Sounds to me as through Hughes is in the Williams mould. So there's some competition there - can't really play to attacking players in midfield. :)

TommyK said:
pipes said:

Can't see him changing it from Williams and Gudjonnson straight away. Think he'll start with them against Crewe.
But long term, i'm not so sure. Sounds to me as through Hughes is in the Williams mould. So there's some competition there - can't really play to attacking players in midfield. :)

Have to agree with you, that is how it sounds...and right now I think Williams is brillant...No one can touch him in terms of what he does in the midfield.

On, the other hand I haven't seen Hughes play so I don't know whether they have contrasting styles...it'll be interesting to see.

It will be impossible to play Williams and Hughes together.

Every midfield needs a ball winner, there is no point playing two flair players as we wont get control of the ball enough.

It will be Joey and Williams to start.

Sam said:
Williams and Nalis anyday

with Nalis out of form I am not sure. But an on form Nalis and Williams could be awesome, the best partnership by a mile.

Pin point passes for Connelly to hit the crossbar with. Superb

Can't comment on the new porridge eater yet.

Gudjonsen and williams for now. I for one cannot believe that people are voting for hughes. Have they seen him play yet? If so, then maybe their vote is warranted but for now I don't think it is possible to even consider him as a first choice.
I also was under the impression that Gudjonsen was starting to find some good form and perhaps deserved his place in the side. Did I once see the saying Fickle Boneheads....!

Gudjonsson and Williams have just started to form a good partnership in the centre of midfield...why change it when they both are in form??? Yeah, Stephen Hughes is a good player, I have seen him 3 times I think on the TV, but just because he probably has a bigger reputation, it doesn't mean he can barge into the team. Williams has been brilliant the last 4 or 5 matches, and Gudjonsson has looked his best, so I would keep it with these 2 for the time being. Use Hughes as a sub, as he is far better than Nalis. I agree, Gemmill can now go. He has done a decent job but we don't need him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566