Midfield v Plymouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

I would imagine that Morris comes in for Tiatto but who will be the middle 2 I hope its Williams/Dawson but I dont know if Dawsons even in the squad.

Wouldnt be surprised if its Nalis/Gemmill with Williams on the bench, hope im wrong on this one.
Couldnt believe it last week when Williams was'nt even on the bench after apparently playing well for the Resys
I personally think Williams/Nalis is not balanced enough (defensively) especially with Tiatto out

CL as stated that Morris will definately play tomorrow,probably on the left wing.I'd imagine Gemmill will play along with Williams or Nalis.

Jordan has definitely started improving immensely in recent weeks in my opinion, although I think Lee Morris' performances coming from the bench have been impressive and deserve a start for him also. Surely Jordan will be at left back anyway with Tiatto injured.

ScarboroughFox said:
webmaster said:
ScarboroughFox said:
Jordan will have to work hard to get back into the team.

Why is he out of the team?

If Morris starts playing well and gets the left side of midfield, Danny at left back! Only place for Jordan is on the bench and he doesnt like that. He might be improving but i personally think he is becoming the weakest link.
But Tiatto is injured at the moment. And when he does come back he's one yellow card away from another suspension.

I think Stewart has been one of our best players in recent weeks, and he's worked well with Tiatto.

Leigh said:
A weaker link than Gillespie on RW?

Problem is we only have Gillespie to play (naturally) RW, so he is the weakest link, yet the strongest link.

Levein doesn't seem to mind having Morris down the right though, so I imagine if Morris comes in and does better than Gillespie, when Tiatto comes back it'll be Gillespie that makes way and Morris will move over to the right.

Which may well mean we lack natural width on the right, but it's not like Gillespie has been getting past defenders and whipping balls in anyway.

I reckon tomorows midfield will be

Gillespie
Gemmill
Nalis
Morris

this is a guess NOT my choice !

ps Thanks everyone for your votes

mad biker said:
I reckon tomorows midfield will be

Gillespie
Gemmill
Nalis
Morris

this is a guess NOT my choice !

ps Thanks everyone for your votes

Barring illness or some other act of God -I think you could put good money on that.

Williams cost money and came with a big build up and we would all like to see him live up to that & justify the optimism -but so far he has been well ..... useless. So IMO he's going to have to prove something before he gets picked even in front of a past his sell by date journeyman like Gemmill - who still does a professional job. Nalis is one of our very few players who realises that the game is about trying to score goals and is worth a place in midfield for that alone.

At the moment I'd always play Nalis.Ideally I'd like to see a midfield of Canero-Nalis-Tiatto-Morris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669