Midlands Football poorest ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has football in the midlands ever been as bad as it is now in terms of league performance?
I know we all love the fact that F****t are in Div 3 and Brum have gone down but it is sad that Villa are the only Midlands team in the top flight next seaon and they're certain to finish in the bottom 5!

In the halcyon days of Star Soccer there'd be as many as ten midlands team in the top division.........

Fox From The Hudd said:
Has football in the midlands ever been as bad as it is now in terms of league performance?
I know we all love the fact that F****t are in Div 3 and Brum have gone down but it is sad that Villa are the only Midlands team in the top flight next seaon and they're certain to finish in the bottom 5!

In the halcyon days of Star Soccer there'd be as many as ten midlands team in the top division.........
Adrian Chiles & Lee Sharpe were on about this last night (MOTD2) and they both said it's all down to money and high wages in the game these days.

It is very sad that Villa are the only team left in the prem, lets hope them fookers get relegated next year as well

I don't give a fook about Midlands football, I support Leicester City. As far as I am concerned the other teams can go and rot in the depths of hell.

When Villa and Forest won the European Cup, did we get any credit for being from the Midlands?

Fook Midlands football. Leicester City is all that matters. I would love to rub all of their noses in it like the fo***t fans have done to me since the 70/80's.

There are no prizes for us if the other clubs are doing well, but there are bragging rights available to us if they don't.

Fook 'em all

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
I don't give a fook about Midlands football, I support Leicester City. As far as I am concerned the other teams can go and rot in the depths of hell.

When Villa and Forest won the European Cup, did we get any credit for being from the Midlands?

Fook Midlands football. Leicester City is all that matters. I would love to rub all of their noses in it like the fo***t fans have done to me since the 70/80's.

There are no prizes for us if the other clubs are doing well, but there are bragging rights available to us if they don't.

Fook 'em all

Agreed. :icon_bigg

I'm glad F****t are having a mare just to shut their arrogant fans up. That said i look forward to the days when we can renue hostilities with them and the sheep in the prem league.

The thing is though both F***** and Shaggers dont consider us rivals! So although we hate them both they dont give a crap! :icon_redf

Willlow said:
The thing is though both F***** and Shaggers dont consider us rivals! So although we hate them both they dont give a crap! :icon_redf
Would I be right in saying that it is Cov that hate us more than others?

I think it depends where in Leicestershire you are. If you are in the North like here and Loughborough, we have to listening to the f****T bleeting and cherping on a daily basis. I hate f*****t and it's bleating fans, and there is rivalry, although probably not to the extent of Derby, but up here Cov are irrelevant, it's f****t that we have the problems with

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Adrian Chiles & Lee Sharpe were on about this last night (MOTD2) and they both said it's all down to money and high wages in the game these days.

I didn't see that - was on holiday....

It's still weird though considering the size of the clubs and the number of supporters.........

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Would I be right in saying that it is Cov that hate us more than others?

Cov hate Villa. The trees and sheep hate each other. They all see the rivalry between us as been equiv to Newcastle/ boro rather than Newcastle/Sunderland. Its a local derby but not considered their biggest game.

Not meaning to recreate history but our biggest rivalry should be with Cov.

Forest and Sheep match up as do Villa and Blues leaving ourselves and Cov as an obvious pairing plus Cov is nearer by one mile to Leicester than Nottingham I believe.......

Club to Club, but I am only 5 minutes from the Notts border, and the fookers have been known to creep across it

Melton Fox said:
Club to Club, but I am only 5 minutes from the Notts border, and the fookers have been known to creep across it

I have no problem at all in hating F****t I've been doing it for long enough but is get psised off with the fact that they hate Sheep more than they hate us!

With Cov we could agree to hate each other with equal malice!!!!!

Last edited:
Fox From The Hudd said:
I have no problem at all in hating F****t I've been doing ot for long enough but is get psised off with the fact that they hate Sheep more than they hate us!

With Cov we got agree to hate us enough foresaking no other!!!!!
It's different where we are. Our rivalry is more with f****t and the f***t rivalry is more with us. As you move further south into Leicestershire, our perspective changes. As you move further North/Northwest into Notts, their perspective changes.

Melton Fox said:
It's different where we are. Our rivalry is more with f****t and the f***t rivalry is more with us. As you move further south into Leicestershire, our perspective changes. As you move further North/Northwest into Notts, their perspective changes.

I have to confess Rev.........I have lived in Hinckley.........:icon_redf

Duzza said:
:018: :018: :018: Hinckley gets bad press but its actually alright!!

I spent seven decent years there and I guess that's why I hate Cov so much!

I used to work in a pub there and there was a tw*t that used to go in who said he supported Cov and had been to see them win at Wembley in '87 or whenever - five years or so later I saw him at a playoff final with blue wig supprtiing City - total cnut.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669