Milan and DJ Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if we read into these reports we've offered in excess of £2M, this is really a silly amount of money to pay, for someone who cost a ¼ of this price, and has hardly played.

DJ bid has been increased

"BRUCE STILL ON TRANSFER TRAIL

Steve BruceSteve Bruce reiterated his desire to keep making waves in the transfer market, writes Colin Tattum in today's Birmingham Mail.

As the Birmingham Mail revealed yesterday, he is on the trail of Albion's Paul Robinson.

And the double swoop on Spurs for Mido and Hossam Ghaly should be wrapped up within days. On the debit side, DJ Campbell was on his way to Watford yesterday, until Leicester City increased their offer and began yet another bidding war.

"When DJ eventually goes, then I will have lost six players from last season," said the Blues boss. "It's important that I have 23 or 24 players in the squad if I can, all competing.

"And if I can improve the quality as we go along, then I will endeavour to do so. With regard to the position at the back, it's not too healthy, so that's one area I'm looking at.

"As for the Spurs boys, we're very close to it and we should know more very soon.

"Always with these things, you can never be too sure. You are always a bit apprehensive because once things get out, you never know.

"Look at Harewood with Wigan for instance, he ended up at the Villa. But I'm very confident."

Bruce wouldn't have spoken so openly about the pair yesterday once Mido had disclosed what was happening if he was not all but certain of success. And fees have been agreed with Spurs. Blues made it two wins out of two during their tour with victory over 1.FC Heidenheim.

Parnaby"We knew this one was going to be a difficult game," said Bruce.

"They were a step or two up in class from the other night. Good ground, good atmosphere, good team, who are one of the favourites for promotion from their respective league - it was a satisfying workout for us. There were some plus points for us, Stuart Parnaby played very, very well. We're delighted with him so far.

"He is a good defender and the longer he plays with us and gets to know us, the better he will get. Garry O'Connor had his first runout and we've seen a little of Olivier Kapo now."

O'Connor and Mikael Forssell combined to fashion the only goal, Forssell's second of the trip.

"It's great to see Mikael again scoring a goal, and just being on the pitch. It has been difficult for him to stay fit for one reason and another. Let's hope he remains healthy."

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showpost.php?p=494445&postcount=141 :icon_roll

Watford were linked to Helgarson (Fulham) now gone to Bolton so i suppose they will now try and seal DJ

Last edited:
Reading these pages makes me more and more happy that I am not involved in football management. It is clear that we, the fan base are going to be critical, whatever the outcome of the DJ Campbell transfer: if he goes to Watford, it proves that we cannot cut it with the big boys and that Milan is reluctant to put his money where his mouth is. If, on the other hand, we outbid Watford, we are desperate and have overpaid for a player! What can MM & MA do which will meet with approval?:confused:

Reading these pages makes me more and more happy that I am not involved in football management. It is clear that we, the fan base are going to be critical, whatever the outcome of the DJ Campbell transfer: if he goes to Watford, it proves that we cannot cut it with the big boys and that Milan is reluctant to put his money where his mouth is. If, on the other hand, we outbid Watford, we are desperate and have overpaid for a player! What can MM & MA do which will meet with approval?:confused:

Bring back cheerleaders. I would have thought it was simple really

Sign the entire Real Madrid squad on frees and salaries of £15 per week?

from the mercury

Three other transfer listed players - Alan Maybury, Darren Kenton and Elvis Hammond - will also be on view at Field Mill.

But of the 12 new signings, the latest being Birmingham striker DJ Campbell, only goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen plays.

We've got him, but 2.1 million though, let's hope he's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669