Milan Mandaric may quit Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fosse1884

Milan Mandaric, the Leicester City chairman, is expected to make Ian Holloway the fifth managerial departure of his ill-fated reign at the Walkers Stadium - and the prospect of his own exit is also likely following the club's relegation from the Championship.

Mandaric has admitted he is considering his future following relegation to the third tier for the first time in Leicester's history, and a purported move for Iain Dowie, the former Coventry City manager, may even be abandoned.

advertisementIt is understood that Mandaric had recently found a buyer for the club but that proposed sale has now collapsed after their drop into the relative wilderness of League One.

Despite pumping nearly £12 million into Leicester since his arrival early last year, the Serbian's dream of making history at the club looks set to come true for all the wrong reasons.

When asked whether he would be staying on as chairman, Mandaric replied: "I don't know. I am not going to make any decisions at this moment. We have to face the facts and regroup.

"It is a dreadful experience. I feel let down and right now I am not a very happy man. You don't have to be Einstein. If you look at the support I have given to my managers and my players, both financially and morally, and what do you get in response?

"You expect rewards and results. We didn't get it and you have to feel let down."

Holloway has followed Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington, Martin Allen and Gary Megson as manager under Mandaric. He expects to have his fate sealed by the end of the week.

He has paid the price for an appalling lack of consistency from his players, who failed to win back-to-back games all season, and poor acquisitions in the January transfer window. The bizarre anecdotes that have almost made him a caricature were absent after the draw at Stoke on Sunday, and his decision to leave Plymouth in November will haunt him.

There will be takers for some of Holloway's players, with Leicester remarkably boasting the second best defensive record in the division. Promising youngsters Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman will be targets for Premier League clubs, including West Ham, Tottenham and Aston Villa, and Gareth McAuley is wanted by Ipswich, but the majority of the squad are set to experience the unforgiving environment of League One.

While many of the players will be staying, however, the prospect of Mandaric trudging around the boardrooms at Hartlepool and Yeovil is now looking increasingly unlikely.

Remember MM your word is your bond.
I will be expecting you to fully deny any of these press articles above the minute you are back in Leicester.

Your commitment to the club below.

Even if the worst does happen and The Foxes suffer relegation, Mandaric insists he will not walk away from the club.

“I’m an optimist. And that’s why I believe it will get better from here.

“I feel good about building things up. We will rebuild Leicester City.

“I am not going to leave this football club in a worse state than I found

rchalmers83

I really hope that mad mandy doesn't go - we know he made mistakes last summer with the signings and allen,Smegson and with Holloword - he will need to try and keep the 'half decent' players of the squad and then ship out the shite and the old so we can then have a young and fresh approach to the new season - we will just have to wait and see how the next few weeks go when he returns from his family business

For me this still hasn't sunk in yet I think that it will finally sink in when the fixture list is released later this year - who knows where we'll be when that comes out

Redditch Fox

I expected and predicted that things would enfold this way. Quite honestly, I think it was always the obvious and most likely scenario.

There is no joy for Mandaric in being involved in a long term salvage of a third tier outfit - and if he can get out, he will get out. But he's going to have to take a financial hit.

As I've said on another thread, people have been living in a fool's paradise since Sunday afternoon. They write as if apart from dropping down a division then nothing much as changed.

We have one or two posters who seem to take a more detailed interest in the financial structure of the club - and I wait for their informed analysis of the situation, but I sense that the position was already dangerously Mandaric underwriting dependent in the Championship - up to our necks in debt - losing money big time......and now relegation to the outposts of English soccer. It looks seriously bad to me.

Lets hope that I am missing some important redeeming feature.

cleefox

The problem with all this is that it is paper speculation. I listened to the interview with MM on the BBC and when the interviewer mentioned Admin MM categorically stated that while he was in charge the Club would not be entering administration IMO we are ok in the short term but who knows what the future may hold after that. :icon_sad:

Redditch Fox

The problem with all this is that it is paper speculation. I listened to the interview with MM on the BBC and when the interviewer mentioned Admin MM categorically stated that while he was in charge the Club would not be entering administration IMO we are ok in the short term but who knows what the future may hold after that. :icon_sad:

I think that the good bit is that Mandaric will find it very difficult to find a buyer whilst we are in League 1 - so it's almost certainly in his interests that we get promotion next season.

teblin

Milan Mandaric, the Leicester City chairman, is expected to make Ian Holloway the fifth managerial departure of his ill-fated reign at the Walkers Stadium - and the prospect of his own exit is also likely following the club's relegation from the Championship.

Mandaric has admitted he is considering his future following relegation to the third tier for the first time in Leicester's history, and a purported move for Iain Dowie, the former Coventry City manager, may even be abandoned.

advertisementIt is understood that Mandaric had recently found a buyer for the club but that proposed sale has now collapsed after their drop into the relative wilderness of League One.

Despite pumping nearly £12 million into Leicester since his arrival early last year, the Serbian's dream of making history at the club looks set to come true for all the wrong reasons.

When asked whether he would be staying on as chairman, Mandaric replied: "I don't know. I am not going to make any decisions at this moment. We have to face the facts and regroup.

"It is a dreadful experience. I feel let down and right now I am not a very happy man. You don't have to be Einstein. If you look at the support I have given to my managers and my players, both financially and morally, and what do you get in response?

"You expect rewards and results. We didn't get it and you have to feel let down."

Holloway has followed Rob Kelly, Nigel Worthington, Martin Allen and Gary Megson as manager under Mandaric. He expects to have his fate sealed by the end of the week.

He has paid the price for an appalling lack of consistency from his players, who failed to win back-to-back games all season, and poor acquisitions in the January transfer window. The bizarre anecdotes that have almost made him a caricature were absent after the draw at Stoke on Sunday, and his decision to leave Plymouth in November will haunt him.

There will be takers for some of Holloway's players, with Leicester remarkably boasting the second best defensive record in the division. Promising youngsters Joe Mattock and Richard Stearman will be targets for Premier League clubs, including West Ham, Tottenham and Aston Villa, and Gareth McAuley is wanted by Ipswich, but the majority of the squad are set to experience the unforgiving environment of League One.

While many of the players will be staying, however, the prospect of Mandaric trudging around the boardrooms at Hartlepool and Yeovil is now looking increasingly unlikely.

Remember MM your word is your bond.
I will be expecting you to fully deny any of these press articles above the minute you are back in Leicester.

Your commitment to the club below.

Even if the worst does happen and The Foxes suffer relegation, Mandaric insists he will not walk away from the club.

“I’m an optimist. And that’s why I believe it will get better from here.

“I feel good about building things up. We will rebuild Leicester City.

“I am not going to leave this football club in a worse state than I found

the qoutes in that article are from sunday interview, Milan said last night he will not leve this club in financial trouble.

fosseman

I agree about the lack of a buyer, Redditch. Personally, I'm determined to enjoy watching teams I've never seen before...... if enjoy is the right word!

Boy Genius

Banned
I think that the good bit is that Mandaric will find it very difficult to find a buyer whilst we are in League 1 - so it's almost certainly in his interests that we get promotion next season.

I doubt he will have a problem finding a buyer if he really wants out. There are a lot of businessmen out there who look upon the premiership as quick easy money, 62 million minimum plus the value of the club goes up when they are in the premiership.
Pick LCFC up now for a fraction of what would be needed to buy a Bolton, Reading or a Fulham. These business men as we know have big feck off egos. But this all depends on how much MM is prepared to lose to get rid.

Chuck T Masala

Despite this appalling mess we find ourselves in, I don't really want any more shit so I don't really want to see the club sold on. I do want to see it refurbished starting with the Manager, nice bloke, may even be a good manager somewhere. But he has had a good crack at it here with more money than previous managers and mortally failed. No excuses. He should fall on his sword.

H T B

MM has a 3 year plan to get into the premier ship. Watch out, the next 2 seasons will be breath taking.................

Well, I'm trying to find some optimistic outlook after the most depressing football news in the life of a Leicester City supporter. ( I am only 48!!!)

The Old Fox

I doubt he will have a problem finding a buyer if he really wants out. There are a lot of businessmen out there who look upon the premiership as quick easy money, 62 million minimum plus the value of the club goes up when they are in the premiership.
Pick LCFC up now for a fraction of what would be needed to buy a Bolton, Reading or a Fulham. These business men as we know have big feck off egos. But this all depends on how much MM is prepared to lose to get rid.

I really want this to be true; but I didn't notice Milan having to fight off a host of rival bidders a year ago when a Championship team was on offer. What do you think has changed so much in twelve months?

homer

But this all depends on how much MM is prepared to lose to get rid.

That is now precisely the one and only relevant point

He doesn't want to chuck good money after bad with no hope of a pay-off. It might now take years for this club to be anywhere near the play-offs, and he doesn't want to hang around that long

It's all about how much cash he can now walk away with, and gaining a guarantee that his 'loans' to the club will be repaid in full

Methinks he will struggle toi find someone who will give him what he wants, or even come close to what he is willing to accept as a worst case scenario

four king power

That is now precisely the one and only relevant point

He doesn't want to chuck good money after bad with no hope of a pay-off. It might now take years for this club to be anywhere near the play-offs, and he doesn't want to hang around that long

It's all about how much cash he can now walk away with, and gaining a guarantee that his 'loans' to the club will be repaid in full

Methinks he will struggle toi find someone who will give him what he wants, or even come close to what he is willing to accept as a worst case scenario

Forget all that MM said if we get out of the Championship he will be building a second tier on the main stand.

I would expect building to commence shortly :icon_bigg

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
I expect MM to give it another year for improvement.

Last edited:

homer

I think the fact that there is a long statement from Aldridge on the OS right now is perhaps an indication that he may well be stepping more into the frame. We've not really heard anything from him since he came in.

He even says that he has arranged to meet with Ian Holloway and the senior staff this week before MM returns.
http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1306385,00.html

I suspect he will be trying to elicit some sort of integrity out of the bloke and seek to get him to resign rather than to wait for Mandaric to have to sack the cnut and hand him a big fat pay off

He will fail

Sounds very positive to me. Hopefully sooner rather than later we can put the rumours of MM selling up to bed and concentrate on storming back to the Championship next season.

highland fox

Sounds very positive to me. Hopefully sooner rather than later we can put the rumours of MM selling up to bed and concentrate on storming back to the Championship next season.

Going by what Aldridge said it appears MM is going nowhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670