Milan offered ?3 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.

is it a fox?

I got into work and my mate told me 'East Midlands Today' reported that the Milan bid was for £3 mill and we've got till end of today to decide. Anyone else hear this, an absoulte joke of a bid if true.

PFKAKTF FOX

I got into work and my mate told me 'East Midlands Today' reported that the Milan bid was for £3 mill and we've got till end of today to decide. Anyone else hear this, an absoulte joke of a bid if true.

Why is it a joke of a bid ??

You do realise that whatever price is agreed to purchase control of the club will go directly to the Shareholders and the club will not see one penny.

IMO Mandaric has an amount of money (say 25 mill) set aside to purchase the club and make further investment available through loans etc.

So if Mandaric can purchase the club for 3m this leaves 22m to invest, however if he has to spend 5m, 6m or say 9m to acquire the club from the shareholders then the investment amount decreases.

He has IMO made an intial bid in an attempt to open dialogue and to be able to establish a true asking price, you can always negotiate up but never down.

As supporters the price is of no interest, it is the structure, level and content of investment that we should concern ourselves with, the purchase price of shares is between Mandaric and the shareholders.

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
Why is it a joke of a bid ??

You do realise that whatever price is agreed to purchase control of the club will go directly to the Shareholders and the club will not see one penny.

IMO Mandaric has an amount of money (say 25 mill) set aside to purchase the club and make further investment available through loans etc.

So if Mandaric can purchase the club for 3m this leaves 22m to invest, however if he has to spend 5m, 6m or say 9m to acquire the club from the shareholders then the investment amount decreases.

He has IMO made an intial bid in an attempt to open dialogue and to be able to establish a true asking price, you can always negotiate up but never down.

As supporters the price is of no interest, it is the structure, level and content of investment that we should concern ourselves with, the purchase price of shares is between Mandaric and the shareholders.

Absolutley bang on Steve. People bleeting about the purchase price should have a long think about what they are saying. On the whole these 47 investors wont miss their 50k or 150k. I couldnt give a flyer wether they get all their cash back or not. Investors who reject a supposed £3M bid for the club are protecting their own interests not that of the club.

Wolves were offered to MM for FREE as long as he guaranteed an investment in the playing squad. Thats an owner that cares about the club not his own interests.

homer

The only people bleating about it so far have been the "influential shareholder" and the Foxes Trust - both of whom are looking after their own self interest in an apparently scandalous way

The price is only important to the shareholders - what is the most important thing is everything else that goes with it - the investment in the team/ground, the way in which the finance is structured, and the long term plans for the club

This £3million thing is irrelevant

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
The only people bleating about it so far have been the "influential shareholder" and the Foxes Trust - both of whom are looking after their own self interest in an apparently scandalous way

The price is only important to the shareholders - what is the most important thing is everything else that goes with it - the investment in the team/ground, the way in which the finance is structured, and the long term plans for the club

This £3million thing is irrelevant

Spot on.

Shareholders all pulling together to try and squeeze every last penny out of an investment they never thought theyd see again. Scandalous.

Dour

Wolves were offered to MM for FREE as long as he guaranteed an investment in the playing squad. Thats an owner that cares about the club not his own interests.

Yes. But what does it say about MM' investment plans and commitment that he didn't take it?

Real Sharapova

All this talk about the smaller the price Mandy has to pay, the more he can spend on the club is missing a point here. The less he has to pay, the bigger the profit he will make when he sods off to another football club. So, it's OK for him to make a profit on his investment, but it's not OK for the original investors who saved our club to get their money back. Absolutley illogical, and more cow-towing to the Leicester Mandaric spin machine.

Last edited:

tsmiggy

Without knowing the exact proposals,how can anyone say what is good or bad.I personaly believe the club in its present state it not worth a lot.This is about available money for players.......... what exactly will be available.Do we carry on in our present state,or do we attempt to move forward.The rumours are flying around,and no one really knows the facts.The foxes trust for reasons of there own,decide to release some information,maybe they have a hidden agenda.........

Last edited:

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
All this talk about the smaller the price Mandy has to pay, the more he can spend on the club is missing a point here. The less he has to pay, the bigger the profit he will make when he sods off to another football club. So, it's OK for him to make a profit on his investment, but it's not OK for the original investors who saved our club to get their money back. Absolutley illogical, and more cow-towing to the Leicester Mandaric spin machine.

but you keep banging on about what happens if he fails! Now you are making out he is guaranteed a profit :confused:

In any case, your theory doesnt follow anyway, who is to say that he wouldnt spend the extra money on players etc? The investment would then remain the same but the club sees more from it rather than lining the pockets of shareholders who all of a sudden dont seem to hold the good of the club over their own interests.

homer

The price paid for the club should be what it is worth - not what was originally paid for it

Now I don't know whether that is three million or six million - but I suspect it is closer to the former than the latter

What is important is investment in the squad, and in the ground (which is a perpetual millstone around our necks). Bollox to how much money the shareholders will get back in THEIR OWN pockets

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.
The price paid for the club should be what it is worth - not what was originally paid for it

Now I don't know whether that is three million or six million - but I suspect it is closer to the former than the latter

What is important is investment in the squad, and in the ground (which is a perpetual millstone around our necks). Bollox to how much money the shareholders will get back in THEIR OWN pockets

Bang on

Steven

£3 million is a more than fair price. I think that if MM bought the stadium outright he could get the Club for £1 and probably get pence on the pound for the stadium.

Shareholding is not a one-way bet. ;)

Real Sharapova

but you keep banging on about what happens if he fails! Now you are making out he is guaranteed a profit :confused:

In any case, your theory doesnt follow anyway, who is to say that he wouldnt spend the extra money on players etc? The investment would then remain the same but the club sees more from it rather than lining the pockets of shareholders who all of a sudden dont seem to hold the good of the club over their own interests.

You may be right, but I don't understand the double standards here - it's Ok for Mandy to make shedloads of money, but not for the original shareholders to get their money back, and you can be sure, the less he pays the shareholders, the higher his eventual profit will be.

Steven

You may be right, but I don't understand the double standards here - it's Ok for Mandy to make shedloads of money, but not for the original shareholders to get their money back, and you can be sure, the less he pays the shareholders, the higher his eventual profit will be.

Risk reward ratio?

Durham Fox

El Dude Brother.

Its about size of investment and the performance of that investment. Mandaric is proposing to put in Millions of pounds and only will he take a profit if the club is successful. The current crop have made their investment and have achieved nothing in terms of making their investment work for them. Therefore they should leave with what they've 'earned'.

highland fox

Why don't you all just wait and see,nobody on here knows more than anybody else and it will all be resolved shortly.We seem to be going over old ground then reversing and going back over it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669