Milan's Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get the feeling if we go down Milan could pull out. Hes spent all this money just to see us get worse, going down is gonna lose him a lot of money. I think any sensible businessman would pull out

I think that's a strong possibility, after all he's invested in this club and that investment has gone tits up and in style. I think what could happen is we lose all our players except people like Elvis Hammond, and then turn into a team like Wrexham.

Their Homebase is definitely bigger, they have a greater selection as well.

Depends what your after, i find the Leicester lighting section more than enough.

I had to 'Google' gimpert and I am still no wiser? :102:

By the way, coco is spelt cocoa. But then you are still a young man so no doubt it will be many a year before you find yourself indulging in that particular pleasure.

Enjoy your night shift. Bouncer are you?

Night shift is going good thanks - just viewing an old classic movie 'the evil dead'

no not a bouncer ( I am not a total prick! ) and thank you for the pointer on Cocoa I am sure I will no longer spell this incorrectly

Well good luck for the game today if you are going I will be there sat in the Kop lending Ollie my voice for the afternoon

I think that's a strong possibility, after all he's invested in this club ...

I have absolutely no idea if he has or hasn't invested anything other than his time into the club.
How can you be so sure?

Milan hasn't even done the math

Milan Mandaric, the owner of Leicester City. Having taken control at the Walkers Stadium at the beginning of last year, the former Portsmouth owner admitted yesterday that turning his new club around is proving by far the hardest job he has had in football.

"The financial issue is obviously the huge problem. You have to cope with maintaining an infrastructure and facilities which, if you are in the Premiership, are required assets but once you are out of it, without the TV money and eventually the parachute payments, become a huge liability," said Mandaric.

"Money that goes on that - and it has to be spent - is money that isn't available to spend on players. But there's more to it than that. The fans here have been patient, as good as gold, but there is a sort of unwritten expectation, a pressure to make things happen, that definitely affects you, and maybe the players too. Last year, without pushing anywhere, the loss here was between £5m and £6m and this year it will be even larger, because I feel that pressure on me and I spent money.

"When you start from a lower level, as we did with Portsmouth, you can lay sound foundations. Here the foundations are sand. I'm experiencing that situation, I'm quite sure other people are experiencing it and it takes a long time to sort out. It's a lot easier, and less pressure, when you're taking the club that has a smaller profile and has a lot less expectation.

"I believe we will get there in the end but God forbid we go down. I'm not doing any calculations because I don't believe it will happen. But I wouldn't say I was sleeping very well."

Last edited:
I have absolutely no idea if he has or hasn't invested anything other than his time into the club.
How can you be so sure?

All I was referring to was the way in which he's put in about 11 million and obviously got him and the club nowhere. It's perfectly feasible to say that he probably doesn't want to waste any more money, because that's exactly what's happened to every penny he's put in so far.

All I was referring to was the way in which he's put in about 11 million and obviously got him and the club nowhere. It's perfectly feasible to say that he probably doesn't want to waste any more money, because that's exactly what's happened to every penny he's put in so far.

11 million :102:

You obviously know something that I don't.
You must be well connected. can I be your friend?

Well good luck for the game today if you are going I will be there sat in the Kop lending Ollie my voice for the afternoon

That's where I am too. Look out for a gimpert, it's probably me :icon_wink

Last edited:
Whatever Milans plans are, I feel I must strongly urge him to find a new shirt sponser, being ridiculed by my 10 year old Liverpool supporting cousin was not very enjoyable last night.

Still, the doctors say he should be out of intensive care by tomorrow.

Whatever Milans plans are, I feel I must strongly urge him to find a new shirt sponser, being ridiculed by my 10 year old Liverpool supporting cousin was not very enjoyable last night.

Still, the doctors say he should be out of intensive care by tomorrow.

That's actually quite a serious issue. For the last few seasons now, I've always bought the new shirt. With this season's shirt however, there was just now way I was going to walk around with that ridiculous Topps Tiles logo that looks makes our kit look like Kings Lynn or something.

There must be other people who didn't buy the new shirt for similar reasons, so a new, more respectable looking sponsor would at least encourage a rise in shirt sales.

There must be other people who didn't buy the new shirt for similar reasons, so a new, more respectable looking sponsor would at least encourage a rise in shirt sales.

My main reason for not buying one is that I still miss a proper collar. Oh, and the fact that the white bits on the shoulders are odd and it look daft.

That's actually quite a serious issue. For the last few seasons now, I've always bought the new shirt. With this season's shirt however, there was just now way I was going to walk around with that ridiculous Topps Tiles logo that looks makes our kit look like Kings Lynn or something.

No it's not, it's a ridiculous issue

No it's not, it's a ridiculous issue

It's not even an issue. It was clearly the best offer the club got or it would not have been accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669