Mindboggling Manchester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Embarrassing stuff. Will be interesting to see how quick they forget how they've always hated Manure and their far away fans.

So long as you’ve got City in hearts, we want your support – and if you are watching City (there’s only one City, by the way!) take on Stoke at Wembley on Saturday and you’ll be cheering us on for the first time in the new Carlos Tevez home shirt, this is stuff you need to know.

Man Citeh fans annoy me with this aspect and they always refer to other "City" clubs just by their place -i.e. Leicester fans did this.... or even in this article they just refer to Stoke as you can see whereas in say a National paper they would say Stoke City. I like how the bbc website (sorry I can't post a link) headline it as "Tale of 2 Cities". So the writer is likely not to be Man City fan,

On another article on the same Man City site where we get a mention as, you guessed it, Leicester.

Legendary trio Mike Summerbee, Colin Bell and Franny Lee all played for the Blues, but it was Neil Young’s solitary goal that downed Leicester in City’s last successful FA Cup campaign - just one year before the Blues would return for the 1970 League Cup final.

Well they are struggling in the Final to get a breakthrough. Had plenty of opportunities but no cutting edge.
Stoke getting back into it in this 2nd half.

Surprised no one has started a Cup Final Thread. I saw yet again as the 2nd half started that the Wembley Club seats were mostly empty again.

Well they are struggling in the Final to get a breakthrough. Had plenty of opportunities but no cutting edge.
Stoke getting back into it in this 2nd half.

Surprised no one has started a Cup Final Thread. I saw yet again as the 2nd half started that the Wembley Club seats were mostly empty again.

It's been a shite match I think, about as entertaining as those two clubs can be though.

Richards and Balotelli both swearing live on camera after the game made me chuckle. If only the FA could use that as an excuse to ban ITV from showing the final ever again.

He said he'd been shit this season I think....

He also took his shirt off....he'll never be able to put it back on.

Richards said 'look at the fans, they're f***in...', before he checked himself. Balotelli said his season has been 'shit... Can I say that?'

Two incredibly boring teams play out an incredibly boring final.

As effective as either's football is, it's not enjoyable to watch as a neutral.

It was better than last year's Chelsea-Portsmouth final.

Man City actually had some good movements. Tevez was pretty good. Nigel de Jong is the best DM in the league by some distance. And Yaya Toure is a colossal monster.

Though I expected a bit more than a hard-fought 1-0 win over Stoke from a 300 million quid assembled squad.

Stoke didn't bother turning up.

Wonder if Balotelli and Richards will made an example of, I seem to remember the FA weren't so keen on Wayne Rooney swearing at the camera during a game this season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566