Minute's Silence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy Lad

I don't normally post on here but feel so strongly that I had to write this:

Before today's match there was a minute's silence in memory of the late Keith Weller.

Throughout the whole minute there were mindless idiots singing & shouting and I have to say I thought it was a disgrace.

I am not just saying this because I am a Leicester supporter but from what I could hear it was the Sunderland fans who were the main culprits. Even after the minute they seemed to revel in the fact that the silence was ruined.

If it were a member of Sunderland's past who had passed away, I would be truly ashamed if Leicester fans were to act in the same manner.

I'm afraid this just shows the respect that certain people have in today's society as a whole.... NONE! I'm pretty surprised that the war veteran's weren't booed as well!

I fully expect Sunderland to issue an official apology to Leicester on behalf of their few mindless fans who ruined what was a tribute to a legend at Leicester City. Let's see whether it is forthcoming.

This is not a sour grapes dig as we lost today. In fact I would like to congratulate Sunderland on their win & wish them well for the rest of the season (if not some of their so called supporter's)

Rant over.

The rant is over at all!

It gets on my tits when mindless yobs boo the vets and shout in the one minute sliences!
They have no respect, shame on them! there is no need for it!

MAybe one day it will be them, that has just died and we should boo them.

They are a disgrace, a subject i feel very strongly about!

Being 19, i am classed in the generation that boos at a minutes slience, i am not only ashamed for the people they do it, i am ambrassed myself.

I only heard about Keith's death when they announced it over the PA. I was still in shock when the minute's silence began and a portion of Sunderland fans refused to be quiet.

Never at a football match have I been more angry than I was today. It was disgusting.

Absolutely sick to the bone to the fact that they seemed proud at being called "scums" by the kop after being such bastards!!!
The least they could have done was to shut the f*ck up and stop being such arses!

even though sunderland fans r to blame you also hav to blame the leicester fan who shouted geordie bastard-this is because at this point it was silent and he knew himself it would provoke them into making more noise

I was in the ground at 14.50. I was in the concourse when I heard there would be a minutes silence for the late Keith Weller.

There were obviously hundreds still outside the ground that were still oblivious to this.

I took my seat in the stand at 14.55 and the SAFC stand was just over half full with loads of people milling about.

I agree that some fans did't keep quiet but dont think there was any malice in this.

I clearly heard the Leicester fan shout 'Geordie Bastard' during the minutes silence. The reaction from a small minority was deplorable but this Leicester fan was totally out of order.

If you're gonna blame anybody, blame both sets of fans, not just those of SAFC

Steve (SAFC)

FTM

Steve, if it wasnt for the Sunderland fans shouting during the minutes silence in the first place it wouldnt have caused a reaction from our fans. Im not defending the guy who shouted Geordie bastard because that is out of order whether it be a minutes silence or not, but this wouldnt have happened if your supporters had shown a little respect for one of our legends.

If it had been at your ground we certainly would have stayed quiet.

Palace fans were able to observe a minutes silence impeccably so why not the Sunderland fans? :roll: :x :x

I cannot believe the society we now live in, where people cannot observe a minutes silence out of respect to somebody who has lost their life. Do people not understand what death means anymore ?

To the Leicester fan who shouted Geordie bastards - tosser

To the Sunderland fans who couldnt shut up you are a disgrace to your club and to yourselves, to disrespect the value of human life is shocking and indefendable.

Football is football and nothing should ever get in the way of showing respect to somebody who has passed away, regardless of team, colour or creed.

steve berry said:
I was in the ground at 14.50. I was in the concourse when I heard there would be a minutes silence for the late Keith Weller.

There were obviously hundreds still outside the ground that were still oblivious to this.

I took my seat in the stand at 14.55 and the SAFC stand was just over half full with loads of people milling about.

I agree that some fans did't keep quiet but dont think there was any malice in this.

I clearly heard the Leicester fan shout 'Geordie Bastard' during the minutes silence. The reaction from a small minority was deplorable but this Leicester fan was totally out of order.

If you're gonna blame anybody, blame both sets of fans, not just those of SAFC

Steve (SAFC)

FTM

Your fans were a disgrace. I had nothing but respect for Sunderland before yesterdays match. I even watched you in the play offs last year and hoped you would get promotion...now all I hope is that we can meet you in the play off finals this year and give you a right stuffing.

You and your club should be ashamed. Yes the Leicester fan was out of order, but if your fans had an ounce of respect in the first place the reaction would not have occured. I stand by my chanting yesterday...you lot are scum, but I guess you get your just reward for acting like scum...you have to live in sunderland!

I don't hate...I pity!

Steven said:
Palace fans were able to observe a minutes silence impeccably so why not the Sunderland fans? :roll: :x :x

Exactly, didn't have any Liverpool fans shouting Cockney bastards coz the Palace fans showed some respect. Where as the Sunderland fans asked for the boos and chants. Even worse was that they seemed to be proud of not shutting up during the silence

it was clearly the sunderland fans who didnt observe the min silence. yes the bloke who replied to them was stupid but maybe it was an emotional outburste because what they did was a joke. keith is a legend and that was our moment to say our own goodbye's and one min to reflect on what Keith did for our club. We donated money to send him to America to get treatment, and for you Sunderland fans to show complete disregard for all of these things was absolutley sick and extremely cowardly. you should be extremely ashamed of your fellow Scumderland fans, NOT DEFENDING SUCH A HALF WIT BUNCH OF TOSSERS.

R.I.P Weller

Look lads. Im not defending anybody. Im merely giving my impression of how I saw it.

I am not denying any of the events that took place and am of course embarrassed by the actions of some of my fellow fans. Likewise you were by the reaction of your one of yours

If i was in your position I would have been extremely upset by what happened .

Please dont tar all of us with the same brush though

Steve (SAFC)
FTM

sorry mate didnt mean to class you all the same its just hard not to when something like that occurs. anyway looking forward to away game already, i think there was quite a rivalry between you lot and the home fans to your left last night. what did you think about the atmosphere

Apparently a bit of violence aswell from them and therefore loads of police were called?

drummindefender said:
Wilson said:
Hopefully we can have a minutes silence against Plymouth?
even though weller deserves it i can't see it happening unless we contact the foxes trust to try and make it happen.....

Contact has been made with us with the same request from another message board.

We are planning to raise the issue in the Fans Forum this Thursday, as our PA must shoulder some of the blame as well. Normal practice is for an announcement just before the silence is held, not 10 mins before. If this had have happened nobody would have had an excuse not to observe it.

Surely those Sunderland fans who didn't hear the anouncement must have realised what was going on when the whole ground fell silent...there is no excuse.

why post on a leicester board if not a admission that mackems are scum..... i was born in shotley bridge, and every day wish to burn my passport as a sign of rejection to my identity- its not a ****in first, throwing coins at savage, anyone remember that? saying geordie scum is not exactly a reason to start kicking off, after all mackems do seem to love the blaydon races chant, wtf is the fulwell races?!??? did that ever exist? sorry to those honest sunderland supporters but your lot really boiled my piss yesterday and some appology is needed! an official one

btw many of my mates are season ticket holders at sunderland and i would never honestly believe they are in the same catergory as such ****in monkeys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669