Mmmmmmassive news!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It probably is as far as the club's concerned. Given who we've hosted in the last 4 or 5 years in pre season friendlies, to host the biggest club in Europe is an indication of the level at which the owners want the club to operate and the sort of clout we can wield.

I, for one, am looking forward to it.

I agree.

So we play Arsenal on 16th July and Real Madrid on 30th. I wonder who we will play in between once we get back from Thailand?
Probably some non-league or League 2 team from previous experience.

I imagine this puts paid to any trip over to Sweden as there is no time for it now.

So we play Arsenal on 16th July and Real Madrid on 30th. I wonder who we will play in between once we get back from Thailand?
Probably some non-league or League 2 team from previous experience.

I imagine this puts paid to any trip over to Sweden as there is no time for it now.

I was under the impression the Thailand game was off? Anyone? :102:

I can't quite be sure but Lee Hoos was on the FF on RL a couple of weeks ago and said they wouldn't be playing Arsenal and nothing was confirmed about tours to either Thailand or Sweden.

Last edited:
I was under the impression the Thailand game was off? Anyone? :102:

I seem to recall someone from the club, it might have been Lee Hoos or Sven saying that the Arsenal game wasn't happening.

Did they run over a favoured pet whilst driving in their RL car on their way to cover a game?

I meant hate their commentary/media handling style, not them as people.

Must have been out of 20.

apologies - i was 'wound up' which at least shows that some in our club have a 'sense of humour'. i am, however, intrigued as to why RM would want to play us in friendly as they dont appear to play too many away from their pre season tour + a european based tournement. i know they went to stoke a few years back but i have a feeling that was connected in some way with 'sir stan'.

i need to do some more 'digging'. not convinced that what i have heard is completely 'bull' as the fact that RM want to play us could be seen to fit in with it.

sorry chaps. nice but not an 11/10.

apologies - i was 'wound up' which at least shows that some in our club have a 'sense of humour'. i am, however, intrigued as to why RM would want to play us in friendly as they dont appear to play too many away from their pre season tour + a european based tournement. i know they went to stoke a few years back but i have a feeling that was connected in some way with 'sir stan'.

i need to do some more 'digging'. not convinced that what i have heard is completely 'bull' as the fact that RM want to play us could be seen to fit in with it.

sorry chaps. nice but not an 11/10.

Sssshhhhhh. Don't say that too loudly. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673