Mobile Phone Directory Opt Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJN-Fox

Hi All

The following may be of interest... I've removed my number, and am simply passing the information on. I'm not saying if its the right thing to do or not, your call really.

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

To remove your number go here. (you need your mobile phone with you to do this, as they text you a code)

http://www.118800.co.uk/removeme/remove-me.html

You can remove your number from this list, and tell all your friends - especially those with children who have mobile phones.

I personally believe my mobile number is private and I should be able to chose who I give it to and none of us agreed to this when we signed our mobile phone contracts.

The Directory of Mobile Phone numbers goes live next week. All numbers including those belonging to children will be open to cold calling and the general abuse that less scrupulous telesales people subject us too.

According to their site they don't have children in their directory.

Also I don't think it's likely it will be used for mass cold calling, they charge the caller a pound and they don't give out the number, they just connect the call so it's not going to cost effective for marketers to use.

According to their site they don't have children in their directory.

Also I don't think it's likely it will be used for mass cold calling, they charge the caller a pound and they don't give out the number, they just connect the call so it's not going to cost effective for marketers to use.

That's fair enough, however, I still don't want to be getting bothered by folks wanting my number. I'll give it to whoever needs it. My home phone is ex-directory, so now my mobile is as well.

Its not going to do any harm to remove it just incase they did have it.Anything that makes me more difficult to track down is a good thing

Dead right H i assume some people are desperate for calls ....any calls :icon_lol:

If they didn't, they have now!

Spammers use opt-out requests to determine if email is read or not, and then send more spam to the person 'opting out'. Maybe this site is a big scam to collect mobile phone numbers.

and maybe it isn't and is completely legitimate.I never answer my phone unless I know the number that is ringing anyway

If they didn't, they have now!

Spammers use opt-out requests to determine if email is read or not, and then send more spam to the person 'opting out'. Maybe this site is a big scam to collect mobile phone numbers.

That was my first thought too but I do remeber seeing the MD of the company who owns the site on TV the other day so I think its genuine.

Dead right H i assume some people are desperate for calls ....any calls :icon_lol:

Webbo had a lovely conversation with a young lady who was informing him is balance was low the other night

I never answer my phone unless I know the number that is ringing anyway

Some of my kids and their friends are like that. I can't understand it. It might be a relative or a friend who has a new phone or is ringing from somewhere else. What's the harm in answering :102:

Some of my kids and their friends are like that. I can't understand it. It might be a relative or a friend who has a new phone or is ringing from somewhere else. What's the harm in answering :102:

They could always text if it's important.

That was my first thought too but I do remeber seeing the MD of the company who owns the site on TV the other day so I think its genuine.

Like that bloke who arranged those cricket matches. Just been banged up with 150 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46