mojo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazzer

during the second half as i sat staring onto the pitch the crowd fell silent,players called to each other on the pitch and i could actually hear what they were saying.It suddenly dawned on me that this was boring and flat and meaningless and with horror i thought have i lost my football mojo? where had it gone that feeling of excitement that starts as a twinge on a saturday morning and builds to fever pitch at 3:00pm please tell me its not terminal after 30 years am i slowly falling prey to the dark side will I be watching egg chasing of a saturday afternoon im my barbour coat and wellies MA im begging you end my pain :roll: save me !!!!!!!!!!

lazzer said:
during the second half as i sat staring onto the pitch the crowd fell silent,players called to each other on the pitch and i could actually hear what they were saying.It suddenly dawned on me that this was boring and flat and meaningless and with horror i thought have i lost my football mojo? where had it gone that feeling of excitement that starts as a twinge on a saturday morning and builds to fever pitch at 3:00pm please tell me its not terminal after 30 years am i slowly falling prey to the dark side will I be watching egg chasing of a saturday afternoon im my barbour coat and wellies MA im begging you end my pain :roll: save me !!!!!!!!!!

Tell you what - if I could trade my season ticket in for a welford road membership... I WOULD! (and I never thought I'd see the day)

No..things cannot be that bad.You see tonight pressure off,champagne football!

Same thing happens to me...used to be that I'd be looking forward to a match all week, I wouldn't be able to sleep much the night before because I was so excited, the whole day till 3pm was pre-match preperation, we'd sit in the stadium before the KO trying to guess who was playing by who was warming up, the first strains of the PHG had me leaping to my feet to applaud the players onto the pitch...now I'll get up slowly. Now football is more routeen than something I look forward to. :(

And this is what we do at the weekends to enjoy ourselves.

Leigh said:
Same thing happens to me...used to be that I'd be looking forward to a match all week, I wouldn't be able to sleep much the night before because I was so excited, the whole day till 3pm was pre-match preperation, we'd sit in the stadium before the KO trying to guess who was playing by who was warming up, the first strains of the PHG had me leaping to my feet to applaud the players onto the pitch...now I'll get up slowly. Now football is more routeen than something I look forward to. :(

And this is what we do at the weekends to enjoy ourselves.

Pre-match rubbish is killing it for me just as much as the match itself... why we have to have 15 minutes of the same build up to some tw@ who can't play posthorn to save his life is beyond me :(

Lazzer, I nearly started a thread like this last week.
As you have all said that match build up feeling, waking up on a saturday morning with a real buzz that you were going to the game and anything you did before you got down the pub was mearly to make the time pass by.
Recently alot of that feeling had gone, but on Saturday I actually woke up with the 'buzz' and could'nt wait to get down the game, but after the game the buzz was lost again.

Never in all of my years as a City fan have I missed a home game without a good excuse, but weeks ago we (my mates and I) have all said I do not think I will bother with the cup game :( and that is what I am doing. O.K I go on holiday on Friday so try and use that as a (poor) excuse, but the fact is at the moment 'I've lost that buzzing feeling' and I want it back :cry:

Despite being a fickle moronic bonehead, I still get the pre-match buzz. I think I will always get it.

I used to get it when I was about four/five years old, when me dear old Da' used to take me to watch Oadby Town home and away, and it's stayed with me since I moved on to Filbo a couple of years later.
I will always get it it.

What is missing at the moment is the feeling you get after the match. Don't confuse that with your love of LCFC. Think again. Really think about it.

Think about how miserable you would be if you had no football to go to - no matter how pants we are at the moment.
We've been shite before, and we will be shite again at some point in the future.
That's football

Now have a rethink and stop being silly

Egg chasing, for f*cks sake :roll: :roll:

It was on Sky earlier that we have won at home only twice in 10 months,is that right?....how depressing :(

Naughty Fox said:
homer said:
Egg chasing, for f*cks sake :roll: :roll:

Things will never be that bad, I will never give in to the 'Dark Side' :wink: :lol:

yeah true... where's the fun in supporting a team that wins nearly every week and can even boast the egg-chasing equivalent of the trees 2 consecutive European cups...

I'll stop being stupid now :lol: :lol: :lol:

highland fox said:
It was on Sky earlier that we have won at home only twice in 10 months,is that right?....how depressing :(

Pompey last season when it was too late to change anything,Blackburn , can't think when else we have won since leeds game. (but can thing of a few occassions when we should have won though. Spurs,charlton, newcastle to name three :( )

Since November 03 home form is:

Won 2
Drawn 10
Lost 7

Goals for 13
Goals against 27

homer said:
Despite being a fickle moronic bonehead, I still get the pre-match buzz. I think I will always get it.

I used to get it when I was about four/five years old, when me dear old Da' used to take me to watch Oadby Town home and away, and it's stayed with me since I moved on to Filbo a couple of years later.
I will always get it it.

What is missing at the moment is the feeling you get after the match. Don't confuse that with your love of LCFC. Think again. Really think about it.

Think about how miserable you would be if you had no football to go to - no matter how pants we are at the moment.
We've been shite before, and we will be shite again at some point in the future.
That's football

Now have a rethink and stop being silly

Egg chasing, for f*cks sake
:roll: :roll:

your right again homer sorry it was just a weaker moment im ok now :roll:

Since beating Blackburn on 2 November, we've beaten Portsmouth and Sheffield United at home and that's it

But stats can tell you anything you want......

I wish I hadn't mentioned it now,I felt quite positive beforehand.

It's the complete lack of atmosphere thats makes me not want to go. And don't blame the football cus we are just shit support!! Even if we were 5-0 up we couldn't create an atmosphere.... in fact there is probably more atmosphere in a black hole than the walkers.

Babylon said:
in fact there is probably more atmosphere in a black hole than the walkers.
well, some scientists see black holes as gateways to other universes and if this is the case, going on the law of averages, there will be planets that have atmosphere's similar to our own. so, although a nice analogy, technically flawed. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669