Monday Moan-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe just maybe. I will not give in til the fat lady has sung. And if she does sing, i will hope that the next incumbent can build upon the foundations already laid. Whilst money is tight, if we can keep this squad together and add a couple of freebies, we have a chance. We live in hope.

I think like the guy from Radio Humberside said to Walshy you need a half pint of reality Mickey.
It's going to happen on Wednesday that looks for sure now unless there is the biggest turnaround in football history (well in the East Midlands anyway) like "Stringy" said.

Can't believe how many people wanted Phil Brown.

Maybe it's just depression over Pearson leaving but I've yet to see any (available) manager that I like the sound of.

And one person phoned in and talked about our 'good financial position'.

Lee Hoos also got a bit of blame. I'm sure come Wednesday the LCFC PR machine will be in full spin though.

Can't believe how many people wanted Phil Brown.

Maybe it's just depression over Pearson leaving but I've yet to see any (available) manager that I like the sound of.

And one person phoned in and talked about our 'good financial position'.

Lee Hoos also got a bit of blame. I'm sure come Wednesday the LCFC PR machine will be in full spin though.

I mentioned our 'bad financial position' in text and asked if The Birch was going But it didn't get read out.

Walshy seemed in denial and the other guy hardly said a word. Then the Radio Humberside guys came on all cocky that was all we needed and Stringy (perhaps we should call him the "Mighty String") with details of his call with Milan that said nothing other than Milan was doing ALL HE COULD but he's in Africa and apparantly NP is abroad as well.

Milan was doing ALL HE COULD but he's in Africa and apparantly NP is abroad as well.

He's at the world cup signing players just tippexing out the Leicester and iinserting Hull as we speak :icon_cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
nice to see Walshie took the opportunity last night to give one of his mates businesses a shout out too. SOmethin about a text he from a mate from **** (insert local city business here who buys him pints).......

There's nothing on the schedule; just Martin Ballard 5-7

Stringer tweet:

BBC Radio Leicester have an interview with Nigel Pearson+ will air it on a Football Forum special tonight.104.9fm from 6pm. Ballard+Sinclair

I mentioned our 'bad financial position' in text and asked if The Birch was going But it didn't get read out. Then the Radio Humberside guys came on all cocky that was all we needed and Stringy with details of his call with Milan that said nothing other than Milan was doing ALL HE COULD but he's in Africa [/B]and apparantly NP is abroad as well.
No, that's not all he said. The key thing that Stringy said was that in his call to Milan it seemed that '... at 71 years of age, the court case had taken its toll on Milan.."
As I've said elsewhere on another thread, the implications of this have everything to do with the predicament we are in now and why NP left once (it seems) he discovered that his budget was being cut back further. The Stringer/MM quote is significant as MM had obviously been hoping that the case against him would be thrown out but it hasn't and the day is drawing nearer when it will take place and the verdict delivered. The likely outcome, if guilty, apart from a hefty fine is the football authorities will next promptly bar him from Directorship/control of a football club. MM thus in response to this had probably tightened NP's budget further in the last 2 weeks as he doesn't (understandably from his point of view) want to spend another penny on this loss-making enterprize which he will be forced to divest himself of. If he doesn't get shot of it before the court case he will be forced to sell to a predator for a knock-down price. He stands to lose a lot of money and doesn't want to pay up any more.

Last edited:
No, that's not all he said. The key thing that Stringy said was that in his call to Milan it seemed that '... at 71 years of age, the court case had taken its toll on Milan.."
As I've said elsewhere on another thread, the implications of this have everything to do with the predicament we are in now and why NP left once (it seems) he discovered that his budget was being cut back further. The Stringer/MM quote is significant as MM had obviously been hoping that the case against him would be thrown out but it hasn't and the day is drawing nearer when it will take place and the verdict delivered. The likely outcome, if guilty, apart from a hefty fine is the football authorities will next promptly bar him from Directorship/control of a football club. MM thus in response to this had probably tightened NP's budget further in the last 2 weeks as he doesn't (understandably from his point of view) want to spend another penny on this loss-making enterprize which he will be forced to divest himself of. If he doesn't get shot of it before the court case he will be forced to sell to a predator for a knock-down price. He stands to lose a lot of money and doesn't want to pay up any more.

Thats pretty much how I see it too but I'd go further to say that Mandaric saw an opportunity when Hull came calling. He's now £350k better off. I suspect Pearson actually wasn't that keen to jump ship but went where he felt wanted.

Thats pretty much how I see it too but I'd go further to say that Mandaric saw an opportunity when Hull came calling. He's now £350k better off. I suspect Pearson actually wasn't that keen to jump ship but went where he felt wanted.

Probably more so... I'd wager if they gave Pearson a budget of say £8m, the new incoming manager will be told he has a budget of £7.5m.

Anybody listen in tonight? Anything of interest or same old crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669