Money again

Status
Not open for further replies.

kam

This stadium lark is another example of the directors selling out.

As I've asked who are going to be the shareholders of the new company that is going to own the stadium because it is this company that will generate cash through it's rental to City and Tigers and also through it's other planned activities. The stadium company cash flow will be priority 1.

City and Tigers are number 2 and 3 respectively. They will struggle to generate cash from gate money to pay their own operating costs, I can't see that more money for player investment will be generated.

My own feeling is that it's the Rugby guys who are more vulnerable. If City get promotion (still hoping) I could see the Tigers being left out of the equation and the stadium will be developed without them.

I can see another 'where has the money gone?'

ATTENDANCES
Rugby has problems, the attendances (Tigers apart) have not been ignited by Englands World Cup win.

In Leicester we seem to have a sporting heritage that forces us out to support our teams both city and Tigers enjoy brilliant support (I know nothing about cricket so cannot comment), Riders could do with a few more coming (basketball is a fantastic sport for those cold dark winter evenings).

The point of my above ramble is that the Walkers in its present form would be fine for both clubs, possibly the Tigers would experience a noticeable lack of atmosphere due to only half filling the ground. Any stadium expansion would be purely to generate cash at the expense of the sport.

Even with the loyal following City have we would not fill an expanded stadium and playing in an empty ground is no fun (I went to that Preston game).

PITCH
I've been to Old Trafford with city and for a few other games and their pitch has been atrocious after just one Rugby League game and they've carried out all manner of different turf arrangements including if I remember correctly importing Australian worms (no sorry that was Bosnich).

PARKING
Whatever expansion is arranged you can bet that the parking situation will not be addressed!

Levelling Welford Road for parking, that would be for the fans benefit, can you see it happening?

Anyway it's all about money, and that money will not benefit the clubs.

ADAMS
Starts to make you wonder if this was something on the agenda that Mr Adams disagreed with!

PITCH
I've been to Old Trafford with city and for a few other games and their pitch has been atrocious after just one Rugby League game and they've carried out all manner of different turf arrangements including if I remember correctly importing Australian worms (no sorry that was Bosnich).

The problem there is that Old Trafford is a football pitch that had rugby played on it, not a dual use pitch. The other point is that OT is a crap pitch anyway cause it gets no light. The new stadiums are designed to minimise that

kam said:

As I've asked who are going to be the shareholders of the new company that is going to own the stadium because it is this company that will generate cash through it's rental to City and Tigers and also through it's other planned activities. The stadium company cash flow will be priority 1.

City and Tigers are number 2 and 3 respectively. They will struggle to generate cash from gate money to pay their own operating costs, I can't see that more money for player investment will be generated.

My own feeling is that it's the Rugby guys who are more vulnerable. If City get promotion (still hoping) I could see the Tigers being left out of the equation and the stadium will be developed without them.

ATTENDANCES
Rugby has problems, the attendances (Tigers apart) have not been ignited by Englands World Cup win.

In Leicester we seem to have a sporting heritage that forces us out to support our teams both city and Tigers enjoy brilliant support (I know nothing about cricket so cannot comment), Riders could do with a few more coming (basketball is a fantastic sport for those cold dark winter evenings).

The point of my above ramble is that the Walkers in its present form would be fine for both clubs, possibly the Tigers would experience a noticeable lack of atmosphere due to only half filling the ground. Any stadium expansion would be purely to generate cash at the expense of the sport.

Even with the loyal following City have we would not fill an expanded stadium and playing in an empty ground is no fun (I went to that Preston game).

PITCH

PARKING
Whatever expansion is arranged you can bet that the parking situation will not be addressed!

Levelling Welford Road for parking, that would be for the fans benefit, can you see it happening?

Anyway it's all about money, and that money will not benefit the clubs.

ADAMS
Starts to make you wonder if this was something on the agenda that Mr Adams disagreed with!

At last we have it - the reason City kept failing to win a home game was cos Adams was having a sulk.

We got it all wrong when people kept referring to the Fortress Walkers Stadium and we kept imagining visiting teams trembling in their Nike boots at the prospect of facing our marauding freescoring football machine.

No the Fortress Walkers was referred to - not because of the football - but because of plans to have Martin Johnson and company acting as match day bouncers.

On reflection its a pity we didn't have em earlier to welcome visiting teams off their bus. With bone-crunching handshakes and a few blind side elbows as "friendly" warning we'd have certainly been a psychological goal up before we started.

kam said:

The shareholders for the stadium will be 50% LCFC & 50% LFC.

Profits from City games to LCFC, Tigers games LFC - any other venue profits split 50/50

We will be keeping a full watch on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670