More about Lovell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talking Balls

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the Aberdeen manager told a few porkies to get Lovell to turn us down:

Moments before his revelation concerning Derby County, Calderwood discloses that he is waiting for a call from Lovell. But isn’t he destined for Leicester? With one eye on a silent mobile phone, he says: “Peter Marr wants him to go to England, and his girlfriend wants him to go south as well. Listen, obviously with Leicester coming in, I don’t think we have the financial clout they have. You cannae win for money and you cannae win for girlfriends and wives.

“Still, I’m waiting to hear from him and I’m optimistic. He’s a bit mixed up, but I’ve told him: ‘Look, son, you know the way they play down there – 4-5-1 crap. It’s the long ball to big Mark [de Vries] and there are two or three of you looking for knock-offs. You’re not that type of striker. You’re 24 years old and you’re going down there probably as a sub. See if you do at Aberdeen what you’ve done at Dundee, you’re a f****** hero. Then you go down in two or three years as a top striker and not a sub.

“‘Now I can understand if it’s for the money, but if you’re a fitba man, there’s only one chance and you’ll f****** enjoy yourself. I’ve got the best assistant manager in the world [Jimmy Nicholl] and you’ll have a laugh. Aberdeen’s no’ a bad city, either. If you’ve ever been to Leicester, you cannae wait to get out of it!

http://www.sundayherald.com/50860

From what I've heard about him and read about him Calderwood comes across as an Arsehole.If CL can get Scott Severin then I think he should just to piss Calderwood right off..

I cannot believe Lovell would have fallen for that load of bullsh1t, if he has done, then he is as thick as two short planks, if a manager can only entice a player to his club by rubbishing other interested parties as oppose to selling the benefits of his own then it just shows what a shite decision Lovell has just made. Sounds like the family issues were just a smoke screen then.

Problem is Calderwood has probably used Leveins time at Hearts as the example, but what Lovell should have realised was the constraints Levein had to work under.

From the sound of it the pair of them deserve each other. One is a fat bitter tosspot, whilst the other is a gulliable, unambitious fool. Tossers the pair of them.

sounds a little far fetched to me but if lovell did fall for the they play 451 long ball crap bit then he obviously didnt do any research into leics and wasnt intersted in what CL is trying to do down here.

Im begining to feel glad he didnt come. Sounds like a whinging piece of s**t to me and I feel we may well be better off without and his trouser wearing bearded wife.

fcukcov said:
I feel we may well be better off without and his trouser wearing bearded wife.

I think that's a bit harsh on his wife, considering he isn't married. And his girlfriend wanted to come to England so she presumably doesn't wear trousers either. I suspect you're right about the beard though.

At the end of the day Lovell has done f**k all than score a couple of goals for a team that got relegated.

We can find someone whos much better and obviously more comitted than this cock jockey .

admin said:
I think that's a bit harsh on his wife, considering he isn't married. And his girlfriend wanted to come to England so she presumably doesn't wear trousers either. I suspect you're right about the beard though.
ok i retarct the trouser statement

but heres the evidence

HairSideshow.gif

Last edited:
fcukcov said:
ok i retarct the trouser statement

but heres the evidence

HairSideshow.gif

at least the cold weather up there won't be bothering her

highland fox said:
From what I've heard about him and read about him Calderwood comes across as an Arsehole.

He's still smarting about the sending-off he got for trying to strangle Jooolian at Filbo.

Lovell as had to leave the Aberdeen pre season tour because of 'personal problems' back down in England.I think we have had a lucky escape with this one.

highland fox said:
Lovell as had to leave the Aberdeen pre season tour because of 'personal problems' back down in England.I think we have had a lucky escape with this one.

Personal problems might mean someone has died, you can't blame the player for that.

Would it not have said due to a bereavement ? he's a Waster end of !!

highland fox said:
Would it not have said due to a bereavement ? he's a Waster end of !!

His Mrs had to come back for her weekly treatment.

(see pic earlier in thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570