Mortality

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldGit

I suppose this could have gone in the "how are you feeling" thread

16 hours ago I was lying on a table for a "routine procedure" when all hell broke loose. I was wondering why they had chosen to shoot the audition scene from 42nd street inside my chest when I heard a disembodied voice saying "I think I'd better come down and take over"

Having been told there was a 1 in 1000 chance of something serious happening this seemed rather surreal, and I found myself thinking Oh well, this is going to make 999 other blokes breathe a sigh of relief*

Don't worry Macky et al - it turned out to be the consultant!

Anyhow everything turned out OK apart from leaving me with constant chest pains that I am assured is not angina. Plus I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

* Yes i know I'd be the first to point out the statistical falacy, but at times like that I think a little poetic licence is permissable

I suppose this could have gone in the "how are you feeling" thread

16 hours ago I was lying on a table for a "routine procedure" when all hell broke loose. I was wondering why they had chosen to shoot the audition scene from 42nd street inside my chest when I heard a disembodied voice saying "I think I'd better come down and take over"

Having been told there was a 1 in 1000 chance of something serious happening this seemed rather surreal, and I found myself thinking Oh well, this is going to make 999 other blokes breathe a sigh of relief*

Don't worry Macky et al - it turned out to be the consultant!

Anyhow everything turned out OK apart from leaving me with constant chest pains that I am assured is not angina. Plus I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

* Yes i know I'd be the first to point out the statistical falacy, but at times like that I think a little poetic licence is permissable

No one wants you dead OG. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

I'm top of my own list

everything turned out OK apart from leaving me with constant chest pains that I am assured is not angina. Plus I can't get comfortable enough to sleep.

Have you tried cannabis to relieve the pain and help you sleep?

Blimey OG... What happened?

Sorry for the dealy in responding - I've been rather out of it for a while (though not as a result of taking up Macky's suggestion!)

It was an angiogram - injecting a dye into the heart to show up blocked arteries and other defects on an x-ray. Quite common, rarely a problem, though it tend to floor you for 2-3 days.

My original post was not quite accurate - the initial problem was a feeling of having been kicked in the chest, then breathless and nearly psssing out. That was when the consultant announced over the tannoy he was taking over. The bit I described came afterwards when they decided to provoke double heartbeats (not in the original script andf without warning me!).

After a visit to an emegency clinic yesterday it seems that I had a bad allergic reaction to the dye, which has continued while the body rids itself of the dye. Now more or less OK.

All much less dramatic than it felt at the time!

Have you tried cannabis to relieve the pain and help you sleep?

Nice idea, but not really advisable for heart conditions because it can frequently cause a speeding up / intensifying of the heartbeat - precisely the problem I am trying to sort out.

Sorry for the dealy in responding - I've been rather out of it for a while (though not as a result of taking up Macky's suggestion!)

It was an angiogram - injecting a dye into the heart to show up blocked arteries and other defects on an x-ray. Quite common, rarely a problem, though it tend to floor you for 2-3 days.

My original post was not quite accurate - the initial problem was a feeling of having been kicked in the chest, then breathless and nearly psssing out. That was when the consultant announced over the tannoy he was taking over. The bit I described came afterwards when they decided to provoke double heartbeats (not in the original script andf without warning me!).

After a visit to an emegency clinic yesterday it seems that I had a bad allergic reaction to the dye, which has continued while the body rids itself of the dye. Now more or less OK.

All much less dramatic than it felt at the time!

Phew! Glad to see that you are getting over it.

I can assure you that the drama of the situation was not lost on me and it is the kind of account that makes you think about your own vulnerability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669