Mortgage brokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cate Fox

Can anyone recommend a mortgage broker? I'm looking to switch my current deal and would like independent advice... thanks in advance :icon_bigg

We used One Roof Financial for ours, based in Hinckley. There is a charge for the initial meeting but we found the service excellent.

Who are you with Cate if you don't mind divulging on here? I've used a couple of brokers in the past who I would be embarrassed to recommend. My latest mortgage dablings have been direct with the lender. From the initial meeting, our mortgage offer was through in the post within 3 weeks.

Who are you with Cate if you don't mind divulging on here? I've used a couple of brokers in the past who I would be embarrassed to recommend. My latest mortgage dablings have been direct with the lender. From the initial meeting, our mortgage offer was through in the post within 3 weeks.
Halifax - I have spoken to them before but they claimed to have nothing better to offer me.

Halifax - I have spoken to them before but they claimed to have nothing better to offer me.

Ha! That's who my most recent mortgage is with. I'm sure I could have found a better deal, however they were the only lender prepared to offer me the size of mortgage I needed (presumably as they've been my bank for 15 years + and knew my history inside and out). It will probably take a maximum of 1 hour of your time to quickly log on to each of the main high street lenders websites and answer a few questions to get a quote. There's no personal information entered at that point so don't worry about loads of credit searches. It will give you an idea of what the repayments will be. You can then choose the best one and lob an application in. Santander were doing free valuations and £250 cash back on completion when I last looked.

Ha! That's who my most recent mortgage is with. I'm sure I could have found a better deal, however they were the only lender prepared to offer me the size of mortgage I needed (presumably as they've been my bank for 15 years + and knew my history inside and out). It will probably take a maximum of 1 hour of your time to quickly log on to each of the main high street lenders websites and answer a few questions to get a quote. There's no personal information entered at that point so don't worry about loads of credit searches. It will give you an idea of what the repayments will be. You can then choose the best one and lob an application in. Santander were doing free valuations and £250 cash back on completion when I last looked.
That's what worried me - didn't want a crap load of credit searches ruining my score, plus I know they've changed all the criteria on lending. Will get my current mortgage balance and see what's what.

That's what worried me - didn't want a crap load of credit searches ruining my score, plus I know they've changed all the criteria on lending. Will get my current mortgage balance and see what's what.

When we moved in May/June time, we went with Coventry Building Society. They were cheaper than the others I phoned, but again it may be because our old mortgage was with them (though we did have to get a new mortgage, they didn't just lump more on for the new house). For reference, we pay ~£750 a month with Cov and some quoted were over £900 so it is definitely worth phoning around. Also, I only had a day to sort the mortgage and it was a Sunday so I didn't do as much phoning as I should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566