Most northerly tube station with parking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew

I remember many years ago driving to a station that goes into London that has parking. Tickets will be £100 for two of us and I'd rather drive down and catch the tube in.

I can't remember the name if the station though.:bang:

I remember many years ago driving to a station that goes into London that has parking. Tickets will be £100 for two of us and I'd rather drive down and catch the tube in.

Stanmore?

I have driven to Watford loads of times and got the train in from there. I am not sure if that is the tube but it went to Euston and only cost a couple of quid

Stanmore! That's it, thanks Cate. It's cheaper to drive to Stanmore in my range rover than buy bloody tickets in Leicester!

The normal return fare from Watford to London is £13.20 peak, £8.80 off peak. Fast trains take around 15 minutes. It can be expensive to park there though.

thats gone up a lot and parking used to be £3 all day.

I always use Stanmore cos it's the side of London easiest to reach in London. If it's central London you're find it's brilliant.

Depending where you are aiming to arrive in London, one of these car parks maybe more worthy - http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/tubestationcarparks/default.aspx

The normal return fare from Watford to London is £13.20 peak, £8.80 off peak. Fast trains take around 15 minutes. It can be expensive to park there though.

I like the idea of a faster train though, is there much parking and which station is it? Is it just called Watford?

I like the idea of a faster train though, is there much parking and which station is it? Is it just called Watford?

The station that BG is referring to is Watford Junction. Parking is £8 a day in the week and £5 a day at the weekend. It is an enormous car-park - holds 700 carss - but is very busy.

London Midland trains take just over 20 minutes from there to Euston.

Last edited:
Legend Jeff! I was using TheTrainline as i usually do and they wanted 100 quid!

You should never buy tickets from thetrainline. For normal (non megatrain) tickets use one of the train operators instead, they don't charge a booking fee.
Thetrainline should still have shown you some advance tickets (look for singles, not returns), but for the same trains it would have been £48 plus the booking fee with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669