Mothers day

Mothers day

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brauny Blue

Well i'm sure to most of us they are worth more than any money can buy, but i cant help feeling its an occasion thats turned into a bloody big rip-off.
What do you think ?

I think your a tight fecker :icon_bigg buy your mum a present its one day a year just to say thank you. I will be putting some flowers on a grave tomorrow so make the most of it whilst you can.

Unfortunately my mum died many years ago. it's only when they're not there you realise how much you value them. It's only a rip off if YOU go over the top.

My mum never wants any fuss over the day, she doesn't see the point, breakfast in bed with a cup of coffee is more than enough for her.

I think your a tight fecker :icon_bigg buy your mum a present its one day a year just to say thank you. I will be putting some flowers on a grave tomorrow so make the most of it whilst you can.

She does not need mothers day to know what my feelings are:icon_wink.
I just resent being ripped off for what i see as an emotional blackmail.

Same as Valentines day for me, why do we need one day a year to tell our loved ones we love them? We should do it almost every day.

My mum agrees with the notion but I still buy something out of guilt and to thank her for doing me ironing.;)

Not spoken to my Mum for two years so it's just another Sunday for me.

Well i'm sure to most of us they are worth more than any money can buy, but i cant help feeling its an occasion thats turned into a bloody big rip-off.
What do you think ?

I think it was invented by the American Greetings Card Association many years ago. Won't be long before we also have 'Childrens Day', 'Aunt and Uncles Day', 'God Parents Day' and 'Neighbours Day' cards too just to keep the money flowing in for the card suppliers.

In saying that, mothers shouldn't need a card to know you love 'em.

Its not compulsory is it? It doesnt have to be monetary just breakfast in bed would do.I know you can tell them every day of the year but the point is you dont do you?

Similarly, not all Mothers will have their children with them today.
.....not sure what your point is there. :102:

Same as Valentines day for me, why do we need one day a year to tell our loved ones we love them? We should do it almost every day.

My mum agrees with the notion but I still buy something out of guilt and to thank her for doing me ironing.;)

Ironing?? Youre married!! :018:

My point was that today can be just as difficult for those of us who don't have their children with them still, as the children who don't have their Mothers.

I take your point and it is indeed a good one and I would hope mothers in that situation would take the opportunity for a quiet rememberance as i do of my mother

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46