Mothers day

Mothers day

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
If people want to spoil their Mum and buy her gifts etc then fine if you don't then you shouldn't be made to feel guilty etc.Its entirely your own choice,far too many busy bodies about

Last edited:
It is common sense really.

I'm sure most Mothers just want to spend this day being appreciated, not lavished with expensive gifts and cards just because Clintons tell us to do so.

As Lazzer and mg have pointed out, not everybody is fortunate enough to be in the position to celebrate this day, so those that are should cherish it.

Paid for some delivery flowers for my Mum on Friday as I wasn't going to see her till today. My Mum really appreciated them, that much; she ended up giving them to her Mum, ungrateful bitch!!

As a special treat to the mother of my children I didn't comment once about the absolutely dire cup of tea she made me this morning - or the disgusting and barely digestible supper she cooked.

I'm all heart.

As a special treat to the mother of my children I didn't comment once about the absolutely dire cup of tea she made me this morning - or the disgusting and barely digestible supper she cooked.

I'm all heart.
She's one lucky lady....

I think it was invented by the American Greetings Card Association many years ago. Won't be long before we also have 'Childrens Day', 'Aunt and Uncles Day', 'God Parents Day' and 'Neighbours Day' cards too just to keep the money flowing in for the card suppliers.

In saying that, mothers shouldn't need a card to know you love 'em.

Mother's Day might have been (although it is on a different Sunday in the USA) but Mothering Sunday on the Sunday 3 weeks before Easter is a centuries old GB church tradition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46