Speculation Motown's hysterical and annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer 2017 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
"My parents are out, do you want to come over for some 'porking pie?"

Hopefully we can now concentrate on some tactics and playing styles for our new look team. It all still looks very disjointed, with lots of players still untested and now, some new ones to integrate.
I'm pleased its not too many new faces but I'm not convinced CS will be able to handle it.
Next team?
Schmeihel, Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs, Mahrez King James Albrighton, Okazaki Vardy.

We've ****ed up big time if we've let 2 central midfield players leave and replaced them with nobody.

In no way is this good business if it means Andy King is now 1st backup

So, this was a transfer window that saw us collect about £45m whilst offloading Wasyl (stayed a year too long), Kapustka (loaned into oblivion), Zieler (meh), Lawrence (we out grew him), Mendy (loaned back to where he wanted to be all along) and Drinkwater. Only one of these was a first team regular and none will be missed.

We spent about £80m in recruiting Jakupovic (seemed like an upgrade until Hamer got the bench ahead of him), Maguire (looks a terrific deal), Iborra (punt), Silva (Drinkwater with a brain and a better attitude), Dragovic (punt), and Iheanacho (punt).

This is a net spend well below what I was expecting and overall I think we've been pretty conservative. The squad does look stronger than last year but I think we're two big signings away from a window to be proud of.

We're still hopelessly vulnerable at right back. We also still have only one genuinely creative player. Both of these issues could and should have been addressed.

However, we could now play with three at the back or three in midfield if our manager was that way inclined. We have pace, depth and options in most positions. This is a comfortable mid table squad.

We've ****ed up big time if we've let 2 central midfield players leave and replaced them with nobody.

Iborra?

Hopefully the new signings will offer us tactical variation too. We've been locked into a style of play that worked and brought its results for sure, but I want to see us able to mix it up a bit. Not least because most teams know what we do now and have been able to suppress it

its even worse business if Matty James is 1st choice.

Silva clearly wasn't signed, we would have heard by now, from the media if the official announcement wasn't made.

We have strengthened defence and attack, but are weaker in midfield, hopefully Ibora can replace Drinkwater, but we have no depth in the squad.

The news that we had applied for an extension for the Silva deal when it is not possible for international transfers suggests someone didn't know the rules and cocked it up.

According to the mercury Silva was signed for £22m within the 2 hour extention period but the official announcement hasn't yet been made.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566