• Dull to annoyingly dull

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • crap

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

leicesterfan

Personally i think he provides a dull commentary, i would prefer Jonathan Pearce. He was going off in teh paraguay match about how sven always needs to wear security tags around his neck at the games wtf! no way! really?. On the whole, he's too old and talks about crap statistics trying to put a jynx on any f'ing performance.

Whilst I agree with some of what you say, pearce is a prick. Ever since he came out with that "Robbie Fowler, the prowler, the growler, the howler" bollox, I have never wanted him on my tele again. He is rubbish

Whilst Motty makes mistakes and is sometimes dull, he is an institution. In much the same way as Blowers, Dan Maskill (sp), Harry Carpenter, Murray Walker, Ted Lowe etc.

Motty must stay

Nah, Motson's always been crap - Barry Davies was shedloads better during their "heyday" - people think he knows his stuff but it's just stats and they're all written down for him anyway.
All he ever comes out with is 2nd. hand cliches of the "Gascoigne gives the ball away too deep" variety and always needs a replay before he gets a handle on what just happened (much like Brian Moore).
Pearce gets carried away, but it's entertaining and he knows his stuff.
Also, anyone who can say "De Gooey, who looks not unlike Roger de Corsey of Nookie Bear fame" has poetry in his blood.

I think all the coverage is crap be it UK Gold, BBC or ITV. :mad: :icon_evil :098: :098: :icon_roll

Motson is fairly shite, but i prefer him anyday to Pearce.
I would rather listen to 50 Cent than him and that is saying something.
The best thing to do is press the red button and listen to the 5 Live commentary,

Mike Hunt Smells said:

Trying to find some decent coverage. :icon_eek: :icon_conf :icon_conf :eek: :frown:

Even that was shite, one of the worst programmes to hit our screens

Steven said:
Trying to find some decent coverage. :icon_eek: :icon_conf :icon_conf :eek: :frown:

I didn't realise UK Gold were doing the World Cup. :eek:

I'm so used to watching classic Ronnie Barker, David Jason etc. programmes.

Motty is class. I've heard some commentary from a newby on one of the channels, and imo give us motty any day of the week. An institution and right up there with the very best in sport imo

He gets too carried away bless him....

"Oh my word, they've forced a throw in....."

:icon_roll

Motson is a legend. He is loads better than that lot on ITV and listening to JM during the World Cup is something I have never lived without. Pearce gets on my tits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669