Confirmed Transfer Musa to Al-Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to pay for the stadium expansion and training ground somehow

Yep - we're actually turning a profit on our transfer dealings

The whole place stinks like the shit on the back seat of Top's car

We'll start the season playing Chilwell, Morgan, Benalouane, Diabate and Gray

It's bedwetting to mention the fact, apparently, amongst the clever people
Not to mention it, to be so consumed by it and so angered by it. Still, it's comedy gold.

What do people expect him to say? Just because you want him to publicly say how desperate he is for a new winger or CB doesn’t mean that’s what he should do, the hysterical reaction to everything is really sad

What do people expect him to say? Just because you want him to publicly say how desperate he is for a new winger or CB doesn’t mean that’s what he should do, the hysterical reaction to everything is really sad
You and I don't often agree on much my old mucker but you're spot on here.

Yeah. Few managers or DOFs are likely to show their hand and say “my squad is a bag of fresh cat turds, I’m desperate for an entire new starting eleven”.

Most football transfer activity is part of a process of gradual squad evolution, not panicked wholesale rebuilding of entire squads.
Exactly. I don't know what people were expecting. Okay, I think we are a LB a CB and perhaps a wide man short but there isn't an abundance of options out there to choose from. We've seen with Slimani, Musa, Mendy, Amartey, Benalouanne et al, what can happen if you try to buy in a team and make wholesale changes in one fell swoop. Money doesn't equate to an open field of choice. We don't have the draw some other clubs do even though we may feel we are in a better position than them both financially and in terms of footballing success.

I hope we do have other irons in the fire but we shouldn't buy dross to replace dross. New signings must be carefully considered. Gibson is a good example of the type of player that may improve us as are Maddison, Evans and Pereira. I think we've done okay so far in the market but I'm pretty sure we are not done yet.

popillius popillius to be fair to Amartey they seem to have found a home for him at right back, he is a more that capable back up, only reason I would loan him out is to get him games every week and keep Simpson as the reserve

Yep - we're actually turning a profit on our transfer dealings

The whole place stinks like the shit on the back seat of Top's car

We'll start the season playing Chilwell, Morgan, Benalouane, Diabate and Gray

It's bedwetting to mention the fact, apparently, amongst the clever people

That is bedwetting of the highest standard.

You must have been picking a lot of Dandelions recently.

popillius popillius to be fair to Amartey they seem to have found a home for him at right back, he is a more that capable back up, only reason I would loan him out is to get him games every week and keep Simpson as the reserve
You're probably correct. I don't have a huge amount of confidence in him to be honest as I think he's a little clumsy/messy on the ball but compared to the others in that list he has been a relative success story!

You're probably correct. I don't have a huge amount of confidence in him to be honest as I think he's a little clumsy/messy on the ball but compared to the others in that list he has been a relative success story!
well he was bought for his potential, Mendy has been so unfortunate with his injuries Slimani just never fit the style we played, though Albrighton on his natural side would love him

I think Amartey is the most underrated player we have.. He had one bad game when he was sent off. Apart from that he has played well every time I have seen him despite usually playing out of position. I would play him at centre back for the game against Man U rather than Benalouane
He's very clumsy. He seems to move forward and then run out of ideas pretty quickly. I'd like to see him at CB but my gut instinct is that he wouldn't be able to think quick enough and he'd be full of errors that he may well get away with at RB. You're right though, he should be given the chance there considering it is his natural position and he did well there in the AFCON.

I think Amartey is the most underrated player we have.. He had one bad game when he was sent off. Apart from that he has played well every time I have seen him despite usually playing out of position. I would play him at centre back for the game against Man U rather than Benalouane

David, I'd sooner play you at centre back for the game against ManYoo rather than Benalouane

Definitely no Benalouane. Chuck Darnell Johnson in at the deep end. He's got promise and we've got nowt to lose by doing so....

We're gonna get something out of the game if we start with Benalouane then? :D He's guaranteed about 4 howlers a match and normally lashes out out of frustration of his own deficiencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263