Muttiah Muralitharan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it took him nearly all day but Murali's finally got his 800th test wicket :038:

Anyone remember him playing for Ivanhoe?

My old captain got bowled by him. He reckons he never saw it and he's called him a chucker since i remember.

I remember our opening quick bowling to aravinda da silva. Bounced him twice on the trot and he just moved out the way. tried it next ball and he hooked him for the biggest 6 i've ever seen. Hit the scout hut on the full in enderby and if you know enderby, you'll know thats a pretty big hit. needless to say he never bounced him again.

Saqlain mushtaq is now playing in the everards league for syston and i believe england player samit patel has also played this year too for the banks i think it is.

I dropped Dilshan when he leathered the ball at me in the wet whist he was at Ilston Abey.

Interesting match as we thought it was too wet to stage the fixture when we turned up, so Ian Baraclough (ex city midfielder) went onto the wicket and took a slash right on a length! We lost in controversy by 1 wicket in the only match played in the county that day. Good old Daryl.

Never faced Murali as we only ever got to play Ivanhoe's 3rds or Sunday XI

I dropped Dilshan when he leathered the ball at me in the wet whist he was at Ilston Abey.

Interesting match as we thought it was too wet to stage the fixture when we turned up, so Ian Baraclough (ex city midfielder) went onto the wicket and took a slash right on a length! We lost in controversy by 1 wicket in the only match played in the county that day. Good old Daryl.

Never faced Murali as we only ever got to play Ivanhoe's 3rds or Sunday XI

Who do you play for manx?

I got filled in by Ken Higgs's son for sniffing around Vicki Illingworth :icon_lol:

Last edited:
so did I - it were a close game if I recall, very wet too. I think we sneaked it by 5 or 6 runs after you guys needed about 11 off the last over.

We've only lost 1 match in that league this season with 1 game to go, looking good for a promotion.

Yeah it was tipping it down. I was one of the opening batsman. Went to a nice pub around the corner after the match.

I've not played in it much this year. Played first 2 games and then i player again on Tuesday night in the midweek cup semi final.

Yeah it was tipping it down. I was one of the opening batsman. Went to a nice pub around the corner after the match.

I've not played in it much this year. Played first 2 games and then i player again on Tuesday night in the midweek cup semi final.

It was the Golden Shield pub - I'm off there now actually :beer::beer::beer:

Have you got Cosby in the semi? The leagues fixture guy relented to tell us we were in the cup or who we were playing so awarded the match to Wathes.

Wathes have since then cancelled a league match on the night against us (most leagues give you the points) which we now have to reschedule as Wathes think they have a chance of winning the league. None of us have actually seen the league charts - it doesnt seem very organised. But TBF we do better in this league than we used to in the Harborough leagues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669