My Car Lights - Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Help!!!!

Due to me driving so many miles, I feel at this time of year it is important for my lights to be working well.

Recently (approx last 4 weeks) they have been getting dimmer and dimmer and I can now barely see the road at all

I fear it is getting too dangerous to drive, and being as I average 50,000 miles per year, I need my car in tip top condition

I hate driving at this time of the year for lots of reasons, I haven't even cleaned my car for some while now (approx 4 weeks) as it just gets so shit up all the time and isn't worth washing. The car is black all over!!!!

I did ask somebody about this problem earlier, and they accused me of being so ****ing stupid that they are surprised I manage to get myself up and back to bed every day.

Anyway, after exhausting every possible avenue, I turn to you guys, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I really hope you don't think that I'm as thick as **** and unable to fathom out even the basic of life's fundamentals on my own.

Help!!!!

Due to me driving so many miles, I feel at this time of year it is important for my lights to be working well.

Recently (approx last 4 weeks) they have been getting dimmer and dimmer and I can now barely see the road at all

I fear it is getting too dangerous to drive, and being as I average 50,000 miles per year, I need my car in tip top condition

I hate driving at this time of the year for lots of reasons, I haven't even cleaned my car for some while now (approx 4 weeks) as it just gets so shit up all the time and isn't worth washing. The car is black all over!!!!

I did ask somebody about this problem earlier, and they accused me of being so ****ing stupid that they are surprised I manage to get myself up and back to bed every day.

Anyway, after exhausting every possible avenue, I turn to you guys, any help would be gratefully appreciated.

I really hope you don't think that I'm as thick as **** and unable to fathom out even the basic of life's fundamentals on my own.

Maybe its because they need cleaning?? :icon_bigg Im only a mere female and know nowt about cars! My hubbys uncle is a mechanic though so I will ask him. Is it just the headlights? Could be a battery prob??

Get your eyes tested theres probably **** all wrong with your lights and its you growing old and breaking down

I've found that recently I've been unable to see through my windscreen, it's something that happens only at this time of year. Any idea what could be wrong?
What steps have you taken so far to identy the cause of the problem, or are you also so ****ing stupid you need to ask the TB faithful topics that fall into the category of "The Bleeding Obvious" without a second thought?

What steps have you taken so far to identy the cause of the problem, or are you also so ****ing stupid you need to ask the TB faithful topics that fall into the category of "The Bleeding Obvious" without a second thought?

I haven't done anything, it always seems to be really cold when it happens so I just return to the warm house.

I haven't done anything, it always seems to be really cold when it happens so I just return to the warm house.
Maybe you could take the car back to the shop and try to get an upgrade?, how long have you had the car?, do you pay for fuel in advance, or do you have an account?

Only drive during the day? :102:

Only drive during the day? :102:
I did think about that, but I'm usually so far away come 3 o'clock time I will never make it home before the nasty black skies get me.

I my have to quit my job if I can't get the problem identified and sorted.

Is there a difference between dipped and full beam?

Is there a difference between dipped and full beam?
Yes, ones a bit brighter than the other.

But it's the dimmer ones that I seem to be encountering at the minute :icon_roll

Yes, ones a bit brighter than the other.

But it's the dimmer ones that I seem to be encountering at the minute :icon_roll

It would seem you are not getting enough power to the bulbs. This now beyond my ken. :icon_conf

I find plugging it into the mains for as few hours provides better results.

Maybe you could take the car back to the shop and try to get an upgrade?, how long have you had the car?, do you pay for fuel in advance, or do you have an account?

Last time I took my car in because of a problem they told me I needed a new battery. They must think I'm an idiot, I know it runs on petrol and is not battery powered.

I think there might be a bit of Tom Foolery going on in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58