My Main Concern

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lako42

I have always sat firmly in the 'Give a manager time' camp, I have not been any different with Sousa, however I feel that the scenario has become so negative that it has to cease immediatley.

We are all used to Leicester under achieving and constantly letting us down, so the hardest thing to take is that we have just had a very solid season with what seemed to be a very solid squad of players who genuinely seemed capable of moving the club forward. If Sousa is allowed to continue my main worry is that we will lose these players, we will lose them in Jan and we will lose them at the end of this season. Im quite sure the likes of King and Hobbs will not hang about to play under this mionkey much longer, I would imagine they will be asking agents to put the feelers out already. Hobbs it seems is totally alienated by the scenario, highlighted by his warming down alone tonight whilst the rest of the squad is locked in the changing rooms, we simply cannot allow this to happen, I still think we have a strong squad and we could be on the verge of achieving something but It is obvious PS does not understand the English game well enough to execute any plan that will bring it.

It's quite clear his system constantly puts huge pressure on the defence, a defence that seems to change with every passing game, Hobbs will not hang about to have his promising career halted by such blatent ignorance to the issue, his reluctance to change the approach is absolutely baffling and the players must be at sixes and sevens after the solid and constant approach they have been used to.

Get the guy out before the rot truely sets in and we lose what is important, the players who have actually proven themselves over the last 2 years. We need to get back to basics and that means sorting ourselves out from the back onwards whilst bringing in a manager who understands the basic concepts of the game rather trying to run before they can even crawl.

Sousa looks to be destroying the core of a blanaced young squad and it needs to be stopped.

I have always sat firmly in the 'Give a manager time' camp, I have not been any different with Sousa, however I feel that the scenario has become so negative that it has to cease immediatley.

We are all used to Leicester under achieving and constantly letting us down, so the hardest thing to take is that we have just had a very solid season with what seemed to be a very solid squad of players who genuinely seemed capable of moving the club forward. If Sousa is allowed to continue my main worry is that we will lose these players, we will lose them in Jan and we will lose them at the end of this season. Im quite sure the likes of King and Hobbs will not hang about to play under this mionkey much longer, I would imagine they will be asking agents to put the feelers out already. Hobbs it seems is totally alienated by the scenario, highlighted by his warming down alone tonight whilst the rest of the squad is locked in the changing rooms, we simply cannot allow this to happen, I still think we have a strong squad and we could be on the verge of achieving something but It is obvious PS does not understand the English game well enough to execute any plan that will bring it.

It's quite clear his system constantly puts huge pressure on the defence, a defence that seems to change with every passing game, Hobbs will not hang about to have his promising career halted by such blatent ignorance to the issue, his reluctance to change the approach is absolutely baffling and the players must be at sixes and sevens after the solid and constant approach they have been used to.

Get the guy out before the rot truely sets in and we lose what is important, the players who have actually proven themselves over the last 2 years. We need to get back to basics and that means sorting ourselves out from the back onwards whilst bringing in a manager who understands the basic concepts of the game rather trying to run before they can even crawl.

Sousa looks to be destroying the core of a blanaced young squad and it needs to be stopped.

Very good points Lako.
Last season Stuart Pearce came to the Walkers and the rumour was that his interest was in Hobbs. He is not likely to be interested in him at the moment and I would guess Hobbs is well aware of this.

If Sousa is still here in January I would not put it past him to want to be rid of our best players in order to get funds to bring in some foreign whizz kid. (Judging from the Portsmouth match the most recent Portuguese whizz kid is more of a rugby player).

Exactly my concern. I personally think we'll finish lower mid-table due to a playoff hangover and the uncertain status of the takeover which I firmly believe is affecting how the players think. That's regardless of manager but Sousa is ripping the core of a good squad to bits, he's killing the confidence of our brightest prospects and this will have if continued long term effects.

:038: Great points

I find it quite outstanding just how fast a new manager can affect a team. Our defence has gone from being one of the most frugal in the Championship to the worst. How has this happened?

I think, personally, it's not the fault of the back four per se, but of the lack of protection offered from the midfield. Especially away.

Frankly, we look like *****.

I find it quite outstanding just how fast a new manager can affect a team. Our defence has gone from being one of the most frugal in the Championship to the worst. How has this happened?

I go back a considerable way (unfortunately) and I can't recall any previous Leicester manager causing such destruction in such a short time.

Peter Taylor ranks as possibly our worst manager in living memory but even he took considerably longer to achieve havoc. Others have overseen disaster - but none have turned success into abject failure at this breakneck speed.

In fact I've difficulty in identifying managers of other clubs who have achieved this speed in achieving decline.

its mind boggling really as u think the base for his last team was a solid defence and nicking games one nil im not sure he even knows what a defence is anymore

In fact I've difficulty in identifying managers of other clubs who have achieved this speed in achieving decline.

As much as I hate to say it, look at all of the previous seasons play-off 'losers'. Reading were similar to ourselves with a change of manager, Sheff Yoo struggled considering their transfer budget and Preston were also crap.

I don't think it's that unusual with the squad's morale being an important factor and are the scars of the Brown fall out still there? It's just the conduct Sousa's displayed during his time with a disregard for the previous managers success.

Last edited:
It's a combination of disappointment in the play-offs, NP's unexplained departure, unknown foreign owners, enforced tactical changes by a new manager and a "I don't want to be here" attitude from some of the players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00