My Way Forward 3-5-2 and View

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I am a trained coach and football manager and I have been a fan of LCFC all my life, however with the current squad we have I believe we are best suited to a 3-5-2 formation...

GK Fulop
DF N'Gotty (Experience)
DF Kisnorbo
DF McAuley

DM Clemence
WB Kaebi
WB Sheehan

MF Wesolowski (When Fit!)
AM Hume

FW Fryatt (Give the lad a few games)
FW De Vires (Target Man)

Anyone with sense would thought when we are signing these free transfers
"Why is this lad a free transfer if the other club does not want to keep him"

Thanks

Matt

I will try and write a few match analysis reports for people on here

Hi,
I am a trained coach and football manager and I have been a fan of LCFC all my life, however with the current squad we have I believe we are best suited to a 3-5-2 formation...

GK Fulop
DF N'Gotty (Experience)
DF Kisnorbo
DF McAuley

DM Clemence
WB Kaebi
WB Sheehan

AM Hume

FW De Vires (Target Man)

Thanks

Matt

Lot's of people reckon Kaebi ought to be given a chance. Is this based on known facts or just gut feel?

De Vries has had chance after chance and never taken them. There's no WAY he deserves his place in the side.m Target Man or no target man, he doesn't deserve to be there IMO

Other than that, i think it could be a good line-up, we could certiantly give something other than 4-4-2 a chance for a change

No, well Cort, but he looks past it to me. Fryatt and Cambpell aren't exactly small though, i'm sure they could get header's in.

I've always thought the idea of having a 'target man' or a 'big number 9 up front' isn't all that tbh. Managers spend a lot of time trying to find a perfect big-man, samll-man partnership sometimes, when 2 small men or 2 big men could work a lot better up front together. You're the couch though, i know nothing baout these things, it's just how i see it personally :/

Edit: Sorry that all sounded a bit patronising reading it back, all i meant was, i've never understood why managers put so much into having a big target man and a small fast man as a strike partership, rather than just having 2 strikers of any height/speed, surely it's only their finishing and composure that should matter.

Last edited:
turn the question around...who would you have on Right Wing Back...

for me i choose him because of his pace nothing else

I'm not saying we necessarily have better, just that Kaebi hasn't been given the chance yet to prove he is up to the job.

Managers spend a lot of time trying to find a perfect big-man, samll-man partnership sometimes, when 2 small men or 2 big men could work a lot better up front together.

MON always liked the big man / little man combo and it worked for us then. The problem with two small blokes is that we would then have to start playing the ball through midfield rather than just hoofing it up. Thing is, when fit, we do actually have a decent midfield (albeit nobody yet has properly filled the holding role) so why oh why don't we play through them all the time.

No, well Cort, but he looks past it to me. Fryatt and Cambpell aren't exactly small though, i'm sure they could get header's in.

I've always thought the idea of having a 'target man' or a 'big number 9 up front' isn't all that tbh. Managers spend a lot of time trying to find a perfect big-man, samll-man partnership sometimes, when 2 small men or 2 big men could work a lot better up front together. You're the couch though, i know nothing baout these things, it's just how i see it personally :/

Edit: Sorry that all sounded a bit patronising reading it back, all i meant was, i've never understood why managers put so much into having a big target man and a small fast man as a strike partership, rather than just having 2 strikers of any height/speed, surely it's only their finishing and composure that should matter.

Well, it does depend between each manager, but I get my team to use big man small man, as I always feel the big man can take one of opposite defenders out of the game and open space up for small man (if you get me) but in the past i have used two small men BUT the service into them has to be spot on

MON always liked the big man / little man combo and it worked for us then. The problem with two small blokes is that we would then have to start playing the ball through midfield rather than just hoofing it up. Thing is, when fit, we do actually have a decent midfield (albeit nobody yet has properly filled the holding role) so why oh why don't we play through them all the time.

Agreed, we looked a lot better when we played it along the ground a la Watford.

in the past i have used two small men BUT the service into them has to be spot on

Exactly. This is where I feel we fall a little short. Strange because on paper at least we have the class in midfield to be able to do this.

Well, it does depend between each manager, but I get my team to use big man small man, as I always feel the big man can take one of opposite defenders out of the game and open space up for small man (if you get me) but in the past i have used two small men BUT the service into them has to be spot on

I see where you're coming from, but i just feel managers can get too hung up on getting that partnership, rather than just picking 2 players up front together who'll score goals, which is why (as far as i can recall) Hume and Campbell haven't played up front together, when they are arguably our best strikers

Hi,

GK Fulop
DF N'Gotty (Experience)
DF Kisnorbo
DF McAuley

DM Clemence
WB Kaebi
WB Sheehan

AM Hume

FW De Vires (Target Man)

Thanks

Matt

Hi matt imo 4-3-3 would be better im a level 2 coach now :icon_cool;)

and this is mens football not kids mate :icon_wink

Last edited:
Hi,
I am a trained coach and football manager

Hi matt imo 4-3-3 would be better im a level 2 coach now :icon_cool;)

and this is mens football not kids mate :icon_wink

The trained football coaches can argue as much as they like but it only takes the average football fan to see that the problem that we have is one of lack of passion/effort and susceptibility to basic mistakes. That being so, our greatest need is for a motivator, not a tactician.

I really look forward to For Fox Sake's match analysis reports - how patronising is that? - although I am sure that the view of 'the-man-on-the-terrace' that they are just a bunch of lazy ****tards is much more enlightening and useful.

Lot's of people reckon Kaebi ought to be given a chance. Is this based on known facts or just gut feel?

He's genuinely a very good player - I can't explain why we aren't playing him.

and susceptibility to basic mistakes. That being so, our greatest need is for a motivator, not a tactician.

Look now further than TBFC's manager - he's also got 1 win all season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670