Post Match Napoli 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting still image just before the winning goal which shows how exposed we leave ourselves. As is the case so often at the moment, all that needs to happen is for us to lose possession or the opponent to pass through the half arsed challenge and they're onto our defence.

It's dreadful, with Ndidi being so culpable in these situations.

20211210_152417.jpg

Interesting still image just before the winning goal which shows how exposed we leave ourselves. As is the case so often at the moment, all that needs to happen is for us to lose possession or the opponent to pass through the half arsed challenge and they're onto our defence.

View attachment 16502
He is far worse at the moment than Choudhury has ever been.

I think it's also worth stating that prior to Rodgers getting rid of Dave Rennie, we had a fantastic record on injuries. It was probably the single most important factor in us winning the league.

Okay JJ and Fofana couldn't be helped, but every player that has come back from an injury has looked to be half the player they once were. That is partly what has driven this run - almost every senior player is returning from some kind of injury and since that, has been pretty shit.

So whilst Rodgers often likes to blame injuries, personally, I hold him responsible for that.
I was going to bring that up but the bloody post was getting long enough already at that point so I settled for just implying it. Agree 100%

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it comes out in the future that Rennie had a right go at BR for his training methods crippling the players & found his position untenable when Rodgers ( presumably ) told him to go **** himself as he was in charge.

Brilliant post. I agree with everything but can't quite accept your conclusion yet, despite the overwhelming evidence that you're correct.
Heavy on my heart too believe me.

The title win was obviously the best moment our footballing lives will ever see...BUT I'd dreamed of watching us win the FA Cup at Wembley since i was 10 years old & he gave me that.

I feel a bit like I did when I had to have my cat put down when I was 17.

The mardy arsed ****er was the same age as me & had been there literally my entire life. It was difficult to imagine the old bastard not being around. But he was in constant pain & his head had gone. It had to be done.

Rodgers would be a mercy killing.

I was going to bring that up but the bloody post was getting long enough already at that point so I settled for just implying it. Agree 100%

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if it comes out in the future that Rennie had a right go at BR for his training methods crippling the players & found his position untenable when Rodgers ( presumably ) told him to go **** himself as he was in charge.
Yep.

I would add that JJ might have been unfortunate. But certainly avoidable. At the time at least one poster on here (probably Brown Nose Brown Nose ) was saying JJ was being over played and it couldn't continue as it was.

My concern is that BR is pushing players so much, maybe training is too intense. Maybe there is no longer a health tension between the physio/Doctors keeping players fit and healthy and the manage (or indeed the players themselves) wanting to play

View attachment 16502
So open it's insane. It's almost like a high press... But it's not. One pass and everyone is running backwards.

Blames having lots of young players. Average age of 28 tonight.

Clueless.
I was wondering who all of these young players are. I genuinely hope he has a sit down tonight, has a think, says I've made some mistakes and comes out fighting. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. And I don't know who is better.

I was wondering who all of these young players are. I genuinely hope he has a sit down tonight, has a think, says I've made some mistakes and comes out fighting. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. And I don't know who is better.

He's just been chatting bollocks in post match for a while. Turning on fans, players are too inexperienced, we don't have a problem defending set pieces, we overachieved, what the ****s the euro conference shite? Etc etc.

We lose on Sunday and he'll be calling everyone an ostrich and be banging on about Peppa Pig World.

Listen. It’s one thing to attack the fans…but going after Georgie Pig is a line he can’t cross.

I don't think we need to worry. He's much more of a Chessington World of Uncles type of bloke.

Blames having lots of young players. Average age of 28 tonight.

Clueless.
No he is finally calling out his players for not tracking back which they have not been doing all season.
My question is if they are not doing the basics then they do not play, he needs to change things up and fast.

Yep.

I would add that JJ might have been unfortunate. But certainly avoidable. At the time at least one poster on here (probably Brown Nose Brown Nose ) was saying JJ was being over played and it couldn't continue as it was.

My concern is that BR is pushing players so much, maybe training is too intense. Maybe there is no longer a health tension between the physio/Doctors keeping players fit and healthy and the manage (or indeed the players themselves) wanting to play
JJ's injury was absolutely nothing to do with how many games he played. Arguably, he didn't have to be playing in that game but this nonsense about him being 'overplayed' is horse dollop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566