Post Match Napoli 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would have been the best approach? 5-3-2? Defend deep and then counter attack?

Blames having lots of young players. Average age of 28 tonight.

Clueless.

To be fair I think he was pretty honest in his assessment. He admitted that it's ultimately his responsibility and he'll work on improving us. Not really sure what else he could have said. I get that you are well and truly anti-Rodgers, as I think most other posters get, but to repeat your slaying of him at every single opportunity is getting pretty tiresome. A direct question - who would you prefer to be Leicester manager right now?

A direct question - who would you prefer to be Leicester manager right now?
Anyone. Literally anyone. Anyone who can recognise our glaringly obvious issues and attempt to sort them.

To be fair I think he was pretty honest in his assessment. He admitted that it's ultimately his responsibility and he'll work on improving us. Not really sure what else he could have said. I get that you are well and truly anti-Rodgers, as I think most other posters get, but to repeat your slaying of him at every single opportunity is getting pretty tiresome. A direct question - who would you prefer to be Leicester manager right now?
Did you miss the bit about the young players or did I dream that up?

Quite ironic really seeing as it wasn’t long ago he was blaming the absences of a 23 year old and a 20 year old for our poor form.

Anyone. Literally anyone. Anyone who can recognise our glaringly obvious issues and attempt to sort them.
So not literally anyone?

He's done.

Right, well.

I'm never one to go overboard short term but I can't avoid my own thought processes any longer.

There is no single problem. It's systemic. We can't pretend anymore that the return of injured players will amount to us blossoming into a top 5 team.

The main misses are JJ & Fofana. 2 young players at the beginning of their careers at this level. To expect them to be our messiahs is putting far too much pressure on them. Besides which the nature of their injuries & the amount of time they've had out means it'd be stupid to expect them to be at 100% straight away & hit the ground running. It'll be a couple of months before that can be expected.

& maybe not at all ? Ricardo hasn't been close to the same player since he came back from serious injury. All in all that angle seems to be a vain hope.

On the broader point of injuries in general, it seems as if our training , medical & sports science approach has collapsed. Something we used to be rightly famous for. Endless injuries, extended recovery times, players who frankly don't look fit.

It's a failure from top to bottom. Rodgers is supremely arrogant, resolutely stubborn & a control freak. That's his nature.

Now, those traits have been evident in a great many fabulous managers & aren't necessarily a problem.
What IS a problem is that they are only positive traits in positive times.

When things are going well it's all ****ing gravy BUT those sorts of characteristics are a liability in tough times. Managers like Rodgers aren't the sort to turn around a struggling team unless it's someone else's team & they take it over with a new approach. When their own systems fail, they're too ****ing one dimensional to change it & the failures are always somebody else's fault.

It's what finished him at Anfield. He has no clue how to arrest a slide.

Also, the coaching is clearly inadequate. Regardless of the missing players there is no ****ing excuse for the standard of defending we've seen in the last ****-knows-how-long-it-is-now. They are still PL players & they are miles off that standard. Not good enough.

He also gives every sign of having lost the dressing room.

We're losing Youri & Wilf in the Summer for definite & maybe Fofana too if he comes back strongly. I'd have included Soyuncu in that too, but to be honest I don't give a **** about that right now. I'd pay his taxi fare. I also doubt Evans has another top flight season in him.

That means we have a vital recruitment session in June/July. Probably the most important since the title win. & all off the back of a season that's going to make it less likely for us to attract the right players.

On top of which we have a proven worthless, clueless **** in charge of our transfers.

& finally...a systemic failure is best addressed from the top down (no pun intended !)

Our absentee owner needs to get himself over here & shove the boot up some arses, if he's capable of it. His old man would have by now.
Time to be his own man & stop living off his father's legacy & stamp his own identity on things. If he has one.
Be the boss & get ruthless when it's needed & stop trying to be every ****er's best mate. Sometimes you need to be a ****.

In short, it's time to change before it gets worse & we end up with the best training ground in the ****ing championship. Bring in someone with some idea of how to use the ****ing thing.

Seems to be some sort of curse attached to taking the FA Cup off the big boys doesn't there?

Portsmouth & Wigan anyone?

You have to scroll a hell of a long way down the leagues to find either of them now.

But the name that haunts my brain lately is...Sunderland.

We show all the signs of doing a Sunderland.

So, don't wait for it to happen. It's ****ing broken. ****ing fix it. Be brave.

Rodgers out (finally)

& please...no British replacements. They're all shite.

Right, well.

I'm never one to go overboard short term but I can't avoid my own thought processes any longer.

There is no single problem. It's systemic. We can't pretend anymore that the return of injured players will amount to us blossoming into a top 5 team.

The main misses are JJ & Fofana. 2 young players at the beginning of their careers at this level. To expect them to be our messiahs is putting far too much pressure on them. Besides which the nature of their injuries & the amount of time they've had out means it'd be stupid to expect them to be at 100% straight away & hit the ground running. It'll be a couple of months before that can be expected.

& maybe not at all ? Ricardo hasn't been close to the same player since he came back from serious injury. All in all that angle seems to be a vain hope.

On the broader point of injuries in general, it seems as if our training , medical & sports science approach has collapsed. Something we used to be rightly famous for. Endless injuries, extended recovery times, players who frankly don't look fit.

It's a failure from top to bottom. Rodgers is supremely arrogant, resolutely stubborn & a control freak. That's his nature.

Now, those traits have been evident in a great many fabulous managers & aren't necessarily a problem.

When things are going well it's all ****ing gravy BUT those sorts of characteristics are a liability in tough times. Managers like Rodgers aren't the sort to turn around a struggling team unless it's someone else's team & they take it over with a new approach. When their own systems fail, they're too ****ing one dimensional to change it & the failures are always somebody else's fault.

Also, the coaching is clearly inadequate. Regardless of the missing players there is no ****ing excuse for the standard of defending we've seen in the last ****-knows-how-long-it-is-now. They are still PL players & they are miles off that standard. Not good enough.

We're losing Youri & Wilf in the Summer for definite & maybe Fofana too if he comes back strongly. I'd have included Soyuncu in that too, but to be honest I don't give a **** about that right now. I'd pay his taxi fare. I also doubt Evans has another top flight season in him.

That means we have a vital recruitment session in June/July. Probably the most important since the title win. & all off the back of a season that's going to make it less likely for us to attract the right players.

On top of which we have a proven worthless, clueless **** in charge of our transfers.

& finally...a systemic failure is best addressed from the top down (no pun intended !)

Our absentee owner needs to get himself over here & shove the boot up some arses, if he's capable of it. His old man would have by now.
Time to be his own man & stop living off his father's legacy & stamp his own identity on things. If he has one.
Be the boss & get ruthless when it's needed & stop trying to be every ****er's best mate. Sometimes you need to be a ****.

In short, it's time to change before it gets worse & we end up with the best training ground in the ****ing championship. Bring in someone with some idea of how to use the ****ing thing.

Seems to be some sort of curse attached to taking the FA Cup off the big boys doesn't there?

You have to scroll a hell of a long way down the leagues to find either of them now.

Rodgers out (finally)

Brilliant post. I agree with everything but can't quite accept your conclusion yet, despite the overwhelming evidence that you're correct.

Right, well.

Rodgers out (finally)

I think it's also worth stating that prior to Rodgers getting rid of Dave Rennie, we had a fantastic record on injuries. It was probably the single most important factor in us winning the league.

Okay JJ and Fofana couldn't be helped, but every player that has come back from an injury has looked to be half the player they once were. That is partly what has driven this run - almost every senior player is returning from some kind of injury and since that, has been pretty shit.

So whilst Rodgers often likes to blame injuries, personally, I hold him responsible for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566