Neighbour Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipes

Last week me and my housemates received a letter from the university saying that they'd had complaints of 'noise and antisocial behaviour' from our neighbours, and that we should be more quiet.

Today we get another letter through, saying they've had further complaints, and are considering disciplinary action against us, and that we have to go in and see the welfare department.

My housemate rang up the welfare department and asked what compaints have been made against us, and we've been accused of vandalising and being drunk and disorderly at 4am, and ordering taxis and pizzas to their houses. We're astounded that we've been threatened with disciplinary action - all of those things are just completely untrue.

Sure we can be a bit loud sometimes, as anyone can, but the walls are ridiculously thin - we can hear them having arguments and even them just sneezing.

WTF should we do?!

Do all the things you have been accused of.

Last week me and my housemates received a letter from the university saying that they'd had complaints of 'noise and antisocial behaviour' from our neighbours, and that we should be more quiet.

Today we get another letter through, saying they've had further complaints, and are considering disciplinary action against us, and that we have to go in and see the welfare department.

My housemate rang up the welfare department and asked what compaints have been made against us, and we've been accused of vandalising and being drunk and disorderly at 4am, and ordering taxis and pizzas to their houses. We're astounded that we've been threatened with disciplinary action - all of those things are just completely untrue.

Sure we can be a bit loud sometimes, as anyone can, but the walls are ridiculously thin - we can hear them having arguments and even them just sneezing.

WTF should we do?!
do't worry about it. Unless they have evidence it was you theres nothing they can do apart from silly warnings

being drunk and disorderly at 4am, and ordering taxis and pizzas to their houses
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: What a crock of shite!

Call the cops when they're arguing and say that you are worried their maybe physical abuse.

Or do as EF says and stab the moaning ****s.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol: What a crock of shite!

Call the cops when they're arguing and say that you are worried their maybe physical abuse.

Or do as EF says and stab the moaning ****s.

Haha, think that might exacerbate the problem.

Next time there's any kind of noise from their house i'll do something about it, call the pigs or the environmental health or something.

I've always heard noise from their place never thought about complaining as i'm realistic enough to know its just part and parcel of living in a shitty terraced house in Clarendon Park with thin walls :102:

if you hold the mother of all party's ,then you can say they have something to moan about plus if you do make any noise in the future it will not be as bad as the party that should sort it .

or just play loud music for a week ,turn the speaker to face there wall .

You have just made my brain bleed.

My old gran had the same problem, students next door making loads of noise weekends were unbearable.

We managed to sort it out for her though, paid the students a visit to explain the situation and they understood.

do't worry about it. Unless they have evidence it was you theres nothing they can do apart from silly warnings

Agreed. They will have no evidence. Keep arguing with the university, they will probably bring some bloke down to keep an eye on it and he'll find little evidence for it. As it stands it's one word against the other.

Or you turn the tables and ask the University to send out a surveyor from the Estates dept. and complain about thin walls and how you hear neighbours bonking each other. Or some other complaint about damp.

WTF should we do?!

I think you should be ashamed of yourselves... What kind of students are you????? Those are exactly the kinds of things you should be doing!

I think you should be ashamed of yourselves... What kind of students are you????? Those are exactly the kinds of things you should be doing!
:icon_bigg

pipes lives on the edge. His needlework group sometimes doesn't finish until after 9.30 pm.....

My old gran had the same problem, students next door making loads of noise weekends were unbearable.

We managed to sort it out for her though, paid the students a visit to explain the situation and they understood.

:081::081::081::081::081:

laugh all you want, it got sorted.......:)

He showed a classic case of it wasn't us, or they have to produce evidence, we are untouchable. Put the shits up them and things do change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566