Never Mind the Quality Feel the Width

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck T Masala

We must be approaching the point where all that matters is the result. Good performance or execellent periods of play will count for little if the points tally does not increase. I know we have had some terrible times of and on the pitch in recent times and that takes its toll. But we have spent money, a bit on transfers moston wages (I guess) and we havent moved very far forward in terms of league position. Come next April/May next year that is all that will matter. I don't know if regime change would do any good, I really don't. But something has got to change pretty quickly if we are to secure ouselves in this Division. It may not be brown trousers time just yet but we shouldnt wait until it is before something positive is done to get the points on the board.

Yes, this is just the rant of a frustrated old get. I want this manager and this team to succeed, to win more games, and to make me proud. They aint doing it and I am bricking it a little. Someone soothe me feavered brow and tell me everything will be alright?

If we were playing shite, not creating chances and going nowhere fast I would be worried. However, performances are improving, chances are being created, and we are definitely not shite.
No, I haven't got rose tinted glasses on, but neither am I taking a knife to my wrists.
I'm still walking up the road........:)

xsubmariner said:
If we were playing shite, not creating chances and going nowhere fast I would be worried. However, performances are improving, chances are being created, and we are definitely not shite.
No, I haven't got rose tinted glasses on, but neither am I taking a knife to my wrists.
I'm still walking up the road........:)

Fair enough, and I agree things have looked better in terms of our play, but none of that will count for much if we don't have enough points. At this stage of the season we are where we are on merit, we have not been good enough to muster enough points to stay well clear of the relegaion pack. If pressed I'd say we'll survive, but we are being dragged in to the lower reaches of the division. We should have won on Saturday, we didnt and that wont be our hardest game this season. I just fear that we may run out of time before things click consistently.

Great two posts Chuck, totally agree with you, the entertainment and the quality and style of football is very good and enjoyable to watch, but the cold hard facts are 5 wins in 23 league games, 3 in the last 16 or 1 in the last 8, whatever way you look at it, it is clearly not good enough and as the above stats show we dont appear to be learning, the only consistency we seem to have shown is the ability to not win many football matches.

I share Chuck's concerns, no I dont want to see the manager get the bullet, he has to take credit for the way he has reshaped the squad, and on the whole as individuals and in potential it is stronger IMO.

But Levein also has to take a lions share of the responsibility that we are not progressing in terms of results on the pitch, 5 wins in the league as we enter the hectic festive period or 19 in 64 games under his stewardship is nowhere near good enough for a club with the facilities and budget available.

IMO the xmas / new year programme and the opening of the transfer window will be the pivotal period of Leveins reign, a poor run of results and a couple of poor signings may well be the straw that breaks the camels back, a couple of decent results and an inspired signing or two and who know's maybe we might just start to see the potential being turned into results.

I totally agree with you as well Chuck...... IMO I would not mind seeing a shite match as long as we win 1-0 all the time. At the end of the day as you say there are no points for nice looking football, but 3 points for scoring more goals than the opposition.

Hmm, of course I would like to win more, but Mickey Adams' team did that and got slaughtered in the Premiership, whereas teams that play more like we are now tend to do better in the Prermiership. If we're taking the longterm view of wanting to get up and stay up, I think Craig Levien is getting it right.

jb5000 said:
Hmm, of course I would like to win more, but Mickey Adams' team did that and got slaughtered in the Premiership, whereas teams that play more like we are now tend to do better in the Prermiership. If we're taking the longterm view of wanting to get up and stay up, I think Craig Levien is getting it right.

But we are moving down the table at the moment. We wont move the other way unless we win more games than we are doing, I am not interested in promotion to the Premiership at the minute, we are nowhere near good enough to contemplate that. We need to win games to avoid relegation, never mind what style of football we play.

Of course I do like it when we play really well, like we did against Sheff U, and if we can do that consistently I'll be v.v.happy. But we are not winning enough games, thats the bottom line. Won't stop me going to watch, but I its makes it it a whole lot harder. As PF says, it might not take much to tun it around, but we can't hang around waiting too long.

Chuck is bang on right, at this stage I couldnt care less if we hoof it or play like brazil I just want us to win games and avoid relegation.

Chrysalis said:
Chuck is bang on right, at this stage I couldnt care less if we hoof it or play like brazil I just want us to win games and avoid relegation.

We tried the hoof at the beginning of the season and it didnt work!!! Give this method a chance and it will come good!! Trust me im a doctor! :icon_wink

Chuck T Masala said:
But we are moving down the table at the moment. ..........

As PF says, it might not take much to tun it around, but we can't hang around waiting too long.

And they are the cold harsh facts for CL.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669