New Away Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it expected? I wasn't expecting anything.

If the yellow kit that was released last year is being demoted to the 3rd kit, then they have lied. This was branded and sold as the 'away kit' last year on a 2 year cycle.

This 'new' kit is also being branded as the 'away kit'.

So a third kit wont class as an away kit then? :102:

Im not saying its right or wrong, just dont understand the fuss, if you think its wrong, dont buy it.

So you think it's OK for the club to make a promise and break it? And you think that nobody should say anything about it?

No I dont, I think it would be wrong, but from what i can see all its said so far is a new away kit, not new 2nd or 3rd kit, so until I know how the shirt is intended on being used I cant see why people are getting so hot under the collar? :102:

I doubt it will be positioned like that. If they are making a kit they said had a 2 year life redundant after 1 year then I agree its a poor show. I doubt thats the case though.

No matter which way you look at it, what they have done is wrong.

If they make last seasons yellow shirt the 3rd kit as of this season, then last season this should not have been described it as the 'away shirt for 2007/09'

If that isn't the case, and this new 'eagerly anticipated' shirt is infact the 3rd kit, then they should say this, but they are saying it's the new away kit.

I expected a new kit, otherwise we'd be changing both kits every 2 years at the same time, which is obviously a bad idea.

It is bad if they said it would be the kit for 2 years and then replace it, and I expected it to have been advertised as a 3rd kit or something instead... but based on the picture I'm assuming it's going to be yellow again anyway so no way they can disguise it as something else!

So yeah, it is wrong of the club to do it... but also no suprise.

By my reckoning..

It's been Yellow since about 92, before that didn't we have a red away shirt. Maybe they want to bring that back.

Why do the City wish to wear yellow at any time?

Who cares?...don't buy it if it offends you that they'd have the gall to make another kit.

I'm more of a fan of our 3rd kits most of the time...I think the white one with the blue and black sash from a few years ago was ace.

And the weird teal and navy one from the Little era was awesome as well.

I hope this is red or something else a bit off the wall.

You are clearly the market audience.

You are clearly the market audience.

If by that you mean a City fan with a bit of expendable income to waste on the occasional novelty shirt then you are bang on.

If the shirt is wank I won't bother, hence I haven't bought the newest kits.

No i meant you are a "fan" who likes to regularly buy "non-city blue" shirts which is what the marketing team love.

Nothing personal just inferred from your posts as you correctly inferred I wouldn't.

No i meant you are a "fan" who likes to regularly buy "non-city blue" shirts which is what the marketing team love.

Nothing personal just inferred from your posts as you correctly inferred I wouldn't.

Fair enough. Given the oft aggressive nature of some posters here I felt the immediate need to defend myself!

I find people's behaviour totally bizarre at times.

If you see a product for sale and there is something you don't like about it, then please exercise your right not to enter into a transaction with the seller.

Business plans change on a daily basis. This is hardly Nick Leeson territory.

This is hardly Nick Leeson territory.

Now there's an idea. A stack of japanese futures in the club shop. Wouldn't take up much shelf space either. :038:

Perhaps you should sell the idea to the club. You could offer to embroider them with the club badge or something

Lie to supporters to get what you can from them, because most of them are too stupid to notice, and the ones who cause a fuss will be accused of being disloyal.

Macky , you've been called stupid. :icon_wink

I think it's a great idea

It is quite right for the club to take the money away from all those thickos and loonies who will actually buy it - consider it an advanced form of social work

It's probably going to be nicer than either of the shirts we have now though....

No wonder they were doing that 'summer birthday' deal!

Ben's dad had a letter sent the week before his birthday( mid-June) saying if he bought one shirt, he'd get another-home or away- free.

Nothing was said about the away shirt being replaced. Tsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00