New Centre Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

CL seems to be heavily concentrating on building up the midfield strength for next season, I think its time to look for a centre back, we dont really have strength in depth for this or potentially next season

I agree with you there. I think we are lacking in terms of strength and depth in this area...and for us it is potentially the most important. We need to be confident at the back, which means bringing in players who are comfortable on the Ball. Sticks and Dabizas just don't look comfortable.

Which is why we are chasing "Big Dave" from West Brom

The summer will be the time that things will start moving, with CL chipping away at the squad at the mo. As commented on on another thread the GK spot will need looking at to.

Next Years Squad: (IMO from memory)

GK Lars, Logan
RB Maybury, Canero.
CB Heath, Stearman.
LB Stewart, Tiatto (but both could be in mid)
RM Gillespie
CM Williams, Joey, Hughes, Dawson, Kisbo bloke
LM see LB
Forwards Connolly, MDV, Morris, Wright

Bit light for a squad but at least it's not 'Dads Army' :wink:

Naughty Fox said:
The summer will be the time that things will start moving, with CL chipping away at the squad at the mo. As commented on on another thread the GK spot will need looking at to.

Next Years Squad: (IMO from memory)

GK Lars, Logan
RB Maybury, Canero.
CB Heath, Stearman.
LB Stewart, Tiatto (but both could be in mid)
RM Gillespie
CM Williams, Joey, Hughes, Dawson, Kisbo bloke
LM see LB
Forwards Connolly, MDV, Morris, Wright

Bit light for a squad but at least it's not 'Dads Army' :wink:

Lars has only signed as back up until the end of this season...could have something to do with him not being very good :wink:

Dabizas

I just want to stick up for this bloke, he gets so much abuse on here from fans and i reckon its harsh. Some people give him a rating of 1 before he's even kicked a ball some weeks! Im not sayin he's an awesome player cos he certainly isn't, and he does make errors, but seriously now, how many goals have been his fault this season? the answer is hardly any. Personally i believe he's been fairly consistent this season, and hasn't do alot wrong. When he see him being compared to the likes of Jacob Laursen and Lee Marshall i find it laughable!

By all means blast me for sayin this but im just sticking up for one of our players

Re: Dabizas

Chris_Unwin said:
I just want to stick up for this bloke, he gets so much abuse on here from fans and i reckon its harsh. Some people give him a rating of 1 before he's even kicked a ball some weeks! Im not sayin he's an awesome player cos he certainly isn't, and he does make errors, but seriously now, how many goals have been his fault this season? the answer is hardly any. Personally i believe he's been fairly consistent this season, and hasn't do alot wrong. When he see him being compared to the likes of Jacob Laursen and Lee Marshall i find it laughable!

By all means blast me for sayin this but im just sticking up for one of our players

so can i just ask, who is 'this bloke'?

Chris_Unwin said:

Whoooo? :shock:

EMC Fox said:
Chris_Unwin said:

Whoooo? :shock:
http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/bb/viewtopic.php?t=9047 :roll:

I hope theres no truth to The Darren Moore rumour and I doubt there is.Judging on his signings so far Moore doesn't fit into CL line of thinking,there will be better centre halves available in the Summer than Moore so I suggest we wait til then we have Dabizas,Heath,Dublin and Stearman for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669