New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milan is a cool character - his comment on SSN yesterday about knowing it would be hard but not his hard.

He's clearly been listening to Coldplay. "Nobody said it was easy, no-one ever said it would be this hard...."

So, on that basis we'll have Chris Martin as our next manager and Gwenyth getting her norks out before the match in a pre-match nipple fest.

I don't think the type of manager most of us want would come to city TBH.

I am not excited by the likes of Dowie or Newell to be honest. I would rather take a chance on the likes of an Ince or Grayson if we cannot get a talented high profile manager (as I suspect).

We took a chance on Martin O'Neill and that didn't do us any harm, where proven has beens such as David Pleat were a big let down.

Let's hope Milan gets the next manager decision right.

I agree, personally i think we should've gone for Ince in the summer anyway. I very much doubt we'd get him now though, it may well end up being another out of work manager who comes in, in which case Newell is about the best one there.

Other than Mourinho of course, however i imagine the chances of getting him are quite slim.

After watching Milan on SSN last night, i feel sorry for him, you can tell he is affected by the betrayed of GM, he brought GM back after such a long time out of the game and then GM turns his back on MM and it hurt him, now he needs to get a new man in and he cant be ****ed going through the process again.

Bit of reap what you sow for MM - his record with managers would be unlikely to create stability, biter bit if you ask me.

Paul Ince for me and a commitment from the owner/chair to let the manager make decisions and if unrest happens then so be it.

The club needs a thorough shake up.

We have won twice at home in the league in 2007, in fact only 4 times in the last calendar year. If we don't win against Barnsley then it will be 3 wins in twelve months.

On the cheapest season ticket that's £100 (ish) a win!!!!

On the plus side the quiz question about the team that's had more managers than home wins in 2007 should be an easy one for us to answer.

Bit of reap what you sow for MM - his record with managers would be unlikely to create stability, biter bit if you ask me.

Paul Ince for me and a commitment from the owner/chair to let the manager make decisions and if unrest happens then so be it.

We have won twice at home in the league in 2007, in fact only 4 times in the last calendar year. If we don't win against Barnsley then it will be 3 wins in twelve months.

On the plus side the quiz question about the team that's had more managers than home wins in 2007 should be an easy one for us to answer.

When you put it like that!!!! That is shocking!!!

Sorry - clicked the tab in error.

I meant to say - good post, I agree with most of that although you could fill in various other names besides Ince.

I feel sorry for Milan - but he has rather brought this on himself with some variable decision making.

He is obviously right that we must move forward now, but if he has sense, he will take note of the past and be a bit more at arm's length from day to day management.

As you say, the results have been wretched both before and after the takeover. The home results suggest to me that almost every team arriving at The Walkers feel comfortable that they can out smart us - they come to a nice stadium with nice facilities and take the spoils away.

Bringing in Megson was a depressing move and though our pride has been hurt at being dumped - in fact it is good for us that he has jumped ship. It's like being dumped by a woman who everyone except yourself knows is bad for you anyway.

What about Steve Bruce???

Apparently they might not be offering him a new deal if the crazy chinese geezer takes over.
Has got promoted, know a few of the players????

wouldn't be a bad shout.......

:102:

....personally i think we should've gone for Ince in the summer anyway. I very much doubt we'd get him now though, .....

Spot on. MM should have taken Ince instead of Allen and he would have come here for sure. Don't think there is the slightest chance of getting him now. He's top of the division, scoring goals for fun, in a spanking new stadium that is still having the top tier added and playing in front of 13,000 home fans. Come to think of it, Milton Keynes isn't that far from here....

What about Steve Bruce???

Apparently they might not be offering him a new deal if the crazy chinese geezer takes over.
Has got promoted, know a few of the players????

wouldn't be a bad shout.......

:102:

Would be amazing.

Spot on. MM should have taken Ince instead of Allen and he would have come here for sure. Don't think there is the slightest chance of getting him now. He's top of the division, scoring goals for fun, in a spanking new stadium that is still having the top tier added and playing in front of 13,000 home fans. Come to think of it, Milton Keynes isn't that far from here....

Are you a postman?:102:

2 Good things about getting a new manager in: -

1) We get rid of Megson. He's an OK manager but wouldn't cut it in the prem, also not obvious ability to get players in - took him the best part of a month from talking about getting loan players to landing John.

2) We will get around £300K to prise someone esle out of their contract. Not a bad bit of business for 6 weeks and we can go out and get someone with more charisma and a bit more nouse.

2 Good things about getting a new manager in: -

1) We get rid of Megson. He's an OK manager but wouldn't cut it in the prem, also not obvious ability to get players in - took him the best part of a month from talking about getting loan players to landing John.

2) We will get around £300K to prise someone esle out of their contract. Not a bad bit of business for 6 weeks and we can go out and get someone with more charisma and a bit more nouse.

Megson did not want to stay so point 1 I agree with entirely, better if he'd not started but it happened so we need to accept this as a solution.

Point 2 I'm not so sure about. MM said there'd be compensation, but as GM apparently had not signed a contract I suspect it will be less than it might have been, and also the money will need to pay the wages of "deep freeze!"

Whatever happens we need to move quickly we play 16 games within 10 weeks and one is away at Chelski, in fact 9 games are 1/12 to 1/1 - it could be the defining period (good or bad) of this season.

So will it be 26,000+ against Cov as in February 2007 when we play them again in Feb 2008 or will it be 16,000 for the return of Rob Kelly a few weeeks later??????

Ahh - The joys of football

For me, there are only two realistic candidates Mad Mandy will be interested in: Jewell and Dowie. I simply cannot see him going for a punt again. It will be a safe name, that he is known to rate.

Jewell - He has an agreement with Dave Whelan that he wouldn't take another job for 6 months (hence him knocking back all enquiries). He is free to take a job anytime but he would miss out on a massive loyalty payment from Wigan were he to do so. This payment is due sometime in late November. He would also be breaking his word and he refuses to do that. I think it's fairly common knowledge that MM met with and tried his best to recruit Jewell before Megson. If he can bide his time until the payment is paid and Jewell is free to take a job, maybe that's the direction to go.

Dowie - MM has always been an admirer and actively wanted him prior to appointing Allen and Megson. His attachment to Coventry has clearly loosened over recent weeks as a result of the financial mess they are in. As the Chief Exec and Chairman have walked in recent weeks, ID may now feel he can leave. I've little doubt that he would want to be at LCFC over CCFC due to the transfer embargo and expected admin shortly.

I'd be happy with either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670