New ex-players (and managers) thread

I also don't think he "wanders up into the attacking half". I think he's pretty disciplined in that regard, as he knows Mahrez isn't likely to cover for him.

You're right, he rarely does.

The few times he does he usually tries to pick someone out or go for a 1-2 and isn't bad at it. Earlier in the season our left side was weak as piss as Fuchs couldn't be bothered.

BN is spot on. No one can surely, with any conviction, suggest that Walker or Valencia are better than Simpson defensively! He's the best defensive RB in the league and that is what he is there to do primarily; defend.

As for this fantasy of his side being open to attack for the most part of the season, well, I'm pretty sure FIF was watching the wrong player, unless you think Simpson spells his name F.U.C.H.S that is?

Some of you have forgotten how we were tormented down his side of the pitch for the first half+ of the season. That's ignoring when he wanders up into the attacking half of the pitch leaving the team to rely on Mahrez to cover for him.

WTF ?

Absolute bollocks

Super Jeff wins the penalty that gives Palace a 3-0 lead, and sends shithole Hull back where they belong

Some of you have forgotten how we were tormented down his side of the pitch for the first half+ of the season. That's ignoring when he wanders up into the attacking half of the pitch leaving the team to rely on Mahrez to cover for him.

You have the answer there in your second sentence. For the first half + of the season he got no help from Mahrez at all. Things have been better, (more like they were last year) for the past few months as far as Mahrez tracking back and helping out.

That is complete bullshit. Can any of our players do any right in your opinion?

Simpson the best RB in the league. I've heard everything now. And people think I'm deluded.

I'm sure that's why we have had and will get so many offers for him. Average player, below average human being.

...and yet you've failed to give an example of one better....

There's giving an example of one better, and then there's giving an example of one better who we could realistically sign to improve on him.

I'm interested to hear his opinions for both of these.

There's giving an example of one better, and then there's giving an example of one better who we could realistically sign to improve on him.

I'm interested to hear his opinions for both of these.

No you're not. That's why I don't reply too you very often.

You don't think that the RB who helped us win the league and has been both consistent and very good is the best defensive RB in the league?

Odd posts.

Okazaki and ulloa helped us win the league, I don't they're the best players or even top 10 for their positions either.

TBH the whole was better than the sum of the parts.

Wes certainly wasn't the best CB in the league, Fuchs wasn't the best LB, etc... If you think they were it shows why it's an odd post for you.

We had Kanté and Mahrez who may not have been the best in the league but were damn close to it.

We had a team spirit and effort that was the best in the league.

None of that is of any consequence though when we're talking about whether Simpson is the best RB in the Prem this year.

Pop can start to narrow it down and say the best defensive RB (whatever that really means) and he's still wrong. The best wife-beating, defensive RB - I don't know the facts.

Confusing winning the league with having individually the best players is "odd".

Thinking that Simpson is the best RB is "odd"

but I don't need you to agree. I'm just giving my opinion.

Simpson best RB in the league - I'll laugh about that joke for a long time.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463