New ex-players (and managers) thread

Thought v. Aanholt looked like he would be alright when he was here. Clearly the only one!

There's a big difference between looking alright in the Championship and being determined good enough for your country (and quite a decent footballing one at that too).

I too thought he looked alright when he was here.

There's a big difference between looking alright in the Championship and being determined good enough for your country (and quite a decent footballing one at that too). I too thought he looked alright when he was here.

Dutch are very strong in attack and a bit weak in defence though... When your main defender is Ron Vlaar and it's an international side, it's time to worry.

Dutch are very strong in attack and a bit weak in defence though... When your main defender is Ron Vlaar and it's an international side, it's time to worry.

True, can't really think of a decent Dutch defender. Mathijsen, Heitinga spring to mind as Dutch defenders but not very good ones!

Just looked and the only ones I recognise as defenders are Vlaar, PVA & Martins Indi. Wow.

Last edited:
He was also young with us. Players improve...perhaps he's turned the corner.
Young and very raw, nowhere near the finished product. If he's developed into a player now good enough for the Dutch national team, fair play to him for such rapid progression.

Matty Fryatt starts for Hull in the FA Cup Final.

Hopefully he can grab the winning goal!

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46