New ex-players (and managers) thread

I've been one of the biggest defenders of Mahrez, but he's really testing me with this interview.

Here he is saying we've effectively ruined his career by not letting him go to Arsenal in 2016. His agent had agreed a deal with Wenger (illegally) but we prevented him from moving, which initiated his resentment.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Riyad-mahrez-se-confie-dans-ff-j-ai-eu-ma-revanche/1079235

We're going to have some more of this to deal with soon - several of our players are going to be courted by clubs that can offer a lot more money and prestige - even if not Champions League football. For example, I fully expect to see Maddison agitating for a move to Man Utd next summer, irrespective of where the two teams finish this season.

How we handle this sort of thing going forward will determine our next few years. It will also be critical to keeping Rodgers.

I've been one of the biggest defenders of Mahrez, but he's really testing me with this interview.

Here he is saying we've effectively ruined his career by not letting him go to Arsenal in 2016. His agent had agreed a deal with Wenger (illegally) but we prevented him from moving, which initiated his resentment.

https://www.francefootball.fr/news/Riyad-mahrez-se-confie-dans-ff-j-ai-eu-ma-revanche/1079235

We're going to have some more of this to deal with soon - several of our players are going to be courted by clubs that can offer a lot more money and prestige - even if not Champions League football. For example, I fully expect to see Maddison agitating for a move to Man Utd next summer, irrespective of where the two teams finish this season.

How we handle this sort of thing going forward will determine our next few years. It will also be critical to keeping Rodgers.

Yeah, this was a really shit interview from Mahrez.

Yep. Agree totally. I, like you, have been a huge defender of Mahrez but this interview makes him look like a petulant prick with a massive chip on his shoulder. We have to manage this kind of courting of our players in a better way going forward.

He was still our best player for the following couple of seasons whether you like it or not.
you're confusing most talented with best, Vardy was the best player, his levels never dropped, goals may have dipped but that's dependent on service

The lads a cock. Did wonders for us but he's a cock. Regardless of his talent I'm glad we don't have to support him anymore.

I said his attitude stank after the title win but people wouldn't have it well now here's the proof

We had plenty of proof before this. That shit with Slimani and him discussing how wonderful Chelsea are. Going on strike...the kids an absolute cock.

We had plenty of proof before this. That shit with Slimani and him discussing how wonderful Chelsea are. Going on strike...the kids an absolute cock.
yes but some still amongst our fan base made excuses even after he'd gone on strike and left

yes but some still amongst our fan base made excuses even after he'd gone on strike and left

He is by some distance the most talented and technically wonderful player I've ever seen wear a City shirt. He did multiple things that made me gasp. He made me smile so much. He was often exceptional. He made my heart beat faster.

**** his attitude. **** his ego. And yes, **** him now he's gone.

But I'll never forget what he did in a City shirt. He was an absolute genuis. I adored him.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463