New ex-players (and managers) thread

Can we have him just for the bounce you tend to get from a new manager in the next game.

Former Leicester and Southampton manager Claude Puel is believed to have his admirers within the Watford boardroom and could emerge as a long-term contender to replace Pearson.

:006::006::006::006:

Might just be their shit form. Must be finished as a manager at this level now, surely.

Have you lost your mind? He has been their saviour.

He has all but rescued them. Another 3 points should do it, but i reckon even 1 might nick it.

If it isn't something he's said then it has to be one of the more unfair sackings in recent times.

He's coached someone else's squad, who after 16 matches looked down and out. Check the table out when he was appointed.

Screenshot_20200719-180523_Samsung Internet.jpg

He has all but rescued them. Another 3 points should do it, but i reckon even 1 might nick it.

If it isn't something he's said then it has to be one of the more unfair sackings in recent times.

He's coached someone else's squad, who after 16 matches looked down and out. Check the table out when he was appointed.

View attachment 15351

Was just looking at that. Of all the watford managers in the current PL stint he’s got the best win ratio. He’s playing with someone else’s team and he’s done a good job with what they have.
Any other season he’d be looking at 12th/13th on form since he joined.

Plus if they do get relegated he would not let them slide as lots of PL clubs do. Madness.

View attachment 15350
Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s largely responsible for the fact they even can still stay up, but I get why they’d be concerned with their form since the restart. There are only so many sackings a manager can get on their CV before they start getting emails saying “thanks but no thanks”.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he’s largely responsible for the fact they even can still stay up, but I get why they’d be concerned with their form since the restart. There are only so many sackings a manager can get on their CV before they start getting emails saying “thanks but no thanks”.

I totally disagree. His remit was to keep them up. To sack him with two matches left is ridiculous. I hope they go down, but he's got them three points clear of Villa, so Villa have got work to do to stay up. Someone else's squad, one winter transfer window, erratic owners, downbeat players - I would've given him the job permanently.

His results post-restart aren't important in the bigger picture but they're not bad for a team fighting relegation, W2, D1, L4 - if it were an average over the season they'd be on 38 points and safe.

I hope future clubs can look at the fact that his time with us was very successful and that ended because of a wildcard reason. And his time at Watford was also very successful terminated by what can only be described as a hot-headed lunatic.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463