New ex-players (and managers) thread

Andros Townsend and Gray.....****in bantz Rafa. Liverpool fans will love him even more.

Christ on a bike.

Maybe the rumours they want Ayoze Perez weren't far off after all.

What an attack they could have... GRAY, Perez, Townsend... Have they got one of our old scouts or something in charge? Townsend was linked with us a lot before

Please ANNOUNCE GRAY

Probably.

But then they have a bigger stadium, fan base, have never been out of the top flight and have won more trophies. That's not a bad definition of bigger in my opinion.

But have achieved **** all for as long as I can remember so it really means nothing.

Christ on a bike.

Maybe the rumours they want Ayoze Perez weren't far off after all.

What an attack they could have... GRAY, Perez, Townsend... Have they got one of our old scouts or something in charge? Townsend was linked with us a lot before

They're now looking at Dwight McNeil too, another player we consistently looked at.

So I ask again, which of our former scouts is in their team?

Only a few clubs can be classed as genuinely bigger. The rest like us will always have up and down periods. Fan base, success stadium etc means nothing. We've seen a few so called bigger clubs lower down, Everton have just been lucky not to get relegated. They've been close.
Perhaps if anything it may better prepare them to bounce back but you only need to look at Sunderland to see that's not always the case.
We just have to follow the new training ground with a ground expansion and more success whilst we are at our best.

I still don't get the 'bigger club' thing. It is the most meaningless, arbitrary phrase in football.

It really should be reserved for Leeds fans. That's their mantra.
For me, it's a proxy for the size of wage bill a club can sustain (something which it's to some degree taboo to dicuss and admit the effect it has on the ability to sustain success)

On that measure, Everton have been and continue to be a bigger club than Leicester. Thankfully they're also a poorly run club, so not able to reach their potential; whereas we're a very well run club and, for now at least, are able to exceed ours

Probably.

But then they have a bigger stadium, fan base, have never been out of the top flight and have won more trophies. That's not a bad definition of bigger in my opinion.
I'd argue that they don't have a bigger fan base anymore.

But that's irrelevant anyway because if you look above, the term has been defined as something completely different by someone else. That's my point.

It is a useless, empty phrase. Let's just allow Leeds fans to keep using it.

For me, it's a proxy for the size of wage bill a club can sustain (something which it's to some degree taboo to dicuss and admit the effect it has on the ability to sustain success)

On that measure, Everton have been and continue to be a bigger club than Leicester. Thankfully they're also a poorly run club, so not able to reach their potential; whereas we're a very well run club and, for now at least, are able to exceed ours
Can Everton sustain a larger wage bill than us anymore?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757
9Preston 3756
10Middlesbro3854