New ex-players (and managers) thread

He's had four promotions from that league as a manager, so he used to be good at that level. He's just become rubbish in the last few years.

I watched the Sunderland doc on NBetflix and he was cringe worthy. No authority or seemingly tactical insight.

RIP Frank Burrows. He managed us for five matches back in 2007. They weren't as memorable as his fabulous moustache.

Is he the only person to take charge of City that's no longer with us since Jock Wallace?

We were very close to beating Chelsea with Carl Cort and Alan Sheehan in our team. That’s pretty memorable.
And if I recall, it was the last game in which Levi Porter played for us. He actually looked pretty good in that match too.

And if I recall, it was the last game in which Levi Porter played for us. He actually looked pretty good in that match too.
He made two appearances early on in the following season but that was it. The injury he got at Chelsea ****ed him I think.

Just a thought.

With Chilwell doing his ACL, that means that there are now three players that BR has asked to relentlessly rampage up and down the pitch to do the same injury in less than two years.

I know Chilwell did it playing for Chelsea but he's doing the same role he did here.

One is unlucky. Two is seriously concerning. Three is strong evidence that the role is beyond what a body is capable of.

Just a thought.

With Chilwell doing his ACL, that means that there are now three players that BR has asked to relentlessly rampage up and down the pitch to do the same injury in less than two years.

I know Chilwell did it playing for Chelsea but he's doing the same role he did here.

One is unlucky. Two is seriously concerning. Three is strong evidence that the role is beyond what a body is capable of.

How many years has Andrew Robertson been playing that role?

How many years has Andrew Robertson been playing that role?
Not dissimilar injury record to Fuchs and *ahem* Bertrand.

It seems fairly uncontroversial to say that the overlapping left back position is by some way the most stressful in the modern game, if only because the opposition is likely to be attacking more down [their] right. How you deal with that, either by playing a more conservative role, or by switching Castagne/Justin (when/if fit) between flanks is one to ponder.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363
10Preston 4363