New ex-players (and managers) thread

Premier League refereeing will once again come under serious scrutiny after Neil Swarbrick sent off the wrong man in Manchester City's game vs West Brom.

Craig Dawson pulled back Wilfried Bony while through on goal after just 90 seconds at the Etihad.

But for the third time in two seasons, a referee dismissed the wrong player, instead showing the red card to Dawson's teammate Gareth McAuley.

Last edited:
Max Gradel scored both goals at the weekend in Saint-Étienne's 2-0 win over Lille.

The BBC has a story about one of our former reserve team players: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32052391

"I'll reward myself with a steak and kidney pie and chips."
Colin Bell has called the land of the frankfurter home for the past 32 years, but only the classic British dish could satisfy the ex-Leicester City defender after his triumphant return to England as a manager.
Bell, who jokingly refers to himself as "the most-capped Foxes reserves player", is closing in on a Women's Champions League semi-final with Frankfurt after guiding them to a 5-0 first-leg quarter-final win over Bristol Academy at Ashton Gate.
"You don't get steak and kidney pies in Germany," laughed 53-year-old Bell, Frankfurt's head coach since 2013.
"It was a big day for me and what made it was seeing both my sisters here and giving them a hug after the match. It was great because they have not seen any of my teams play live ever."
With the DFB Cup holders again through to the semi-finals of the competition and in third place in the German Bundesliga table, the Englishman is focused on winning the treble this season.
Getting directions to Bristol's finest 'chippy' after taking a major step towards European success, with victory at a ground where he once featured in a reserves match, was the best way Bell could imagine to both celebrate and reflect on his English homecoming.
For more than three decades since he left the Foxes, Bell has fashioned a career for himself in the German game, first as a player in the lower leagues before moving into coaching and management.
Bell had spells on the coaching staff at four clubs, including Dynamo Dresden in eastern Germany, before working under Jurgen Klopp when the now Borussia Dortmund manager was boss at Mainz.
He also worked extensively as a scout before being convinced to give management in women's football a go with Bad Neuenahr.

Steve Thompson suspended by Leeds:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32162215

Leeds United have suspended assistant coach Steve Thompson.
BBC Radio Leeds has learned the 50-year-old has not been given a reason for his suspension.
The former Blackpool coach joined Leeds from neighbours Huddersfield in December and, alongside head coach Neil Redfearn, has overseen the club losing just three league games this year.
Leeds, who face Blackburn Rovers at Elland Road on Saturday, are currently 13th in the Championship.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00
10Ipswich00