New ex-players (and managers) thread

You could have just started a new thread on Scottish Footy.

Top bombing 👍
Scottish football is a ****ing oxymoron. Most games are just basically a fight in a pub car park that someone throws a football into occasionally.

It's actually a perfect example of how the game has been ruined by money during my lifetime. Anyone my age can remember when Scottish teams could compete at the highest level. I remember sitting down to watch Dundee Utd in the UEFA Cup final. Aberdeen winning the old cup winners cup. Rangers & Celtic making the latter stages of the European Cup ( & actually Dundee Utd again, making the European Cup semis & only missing out on the final through obviously bent refereeing. The president of Roma actually admitted later in life to bribing the ref ! ) The same Dundee Utd are famously the only team in history to have a 100% record against Barcelona in european competition after playing them more then once ( 4 games, 4 wins )

From that...to a ****ing pub league in less than 40 years. Football mirrors life I guess.

Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup, were they not?
Indeed. & I grew up reading about it. But I was only 2 & a half when they did it so although it's technically in my lifetime I don't really count it as within my experience. I remember them getting to the semis in 75 though. & of course Rangers made the CL semis much more recently in 1993 (interestingly, again there are multiple accusations of corruption around the eventual winners, Marseilles)

I remember coming home from school and watching the 1967 European Cup Final where Celtic won, the same year Rangers lost the Cup Winners Cup Final against Bayern Munich. Celtic also lost the 1970 final to Feyenoord after knocking Leeds out in the semis.

Scottish football is a ****ing oxymoron. Most games are just basically a fight in a pub car park that someone throws a football into occasionally.

It's actually a perfect example of how the game has been ruined by money during my lifetime. Anyone my age can remember when Scottish teams could compete at the highest level. I remember sitting down to watch Dundee Utd in the UEFA Cup final. Aberdeen winning the old cup winners cup. Rangers & Celtic making the latter stages of the European Cup ( & actually Dundee Utd again, making the European Cup semis & only missing out on the final through obviously bent refereeing. The president of Roma actually admitted later in life to bribing the ref ! ) The same Dundee Utd are famously the only team in history to have a 100% record against Barcelona in european competition after playing them more then once ( 4 games, 4 wins )

From that...to a ****ing pub league in less than 40 years. Football mirrors life I guess.
I came across a strange fact the other day about Dundee Utd -That it has been taken up by people from Nigeria as being the worst thing anyone can say of another person.
So if a Nigerian said to you that you were "a right Dundee" or that you were a "complete Dundee Utd" that this would be the most derogatory remark that anyone could ever make. Basically that they were like the Village idiot.
Love to be at a press conference and ask; either Wilf or Nacho who they thought was "a right Dundee" at the club

I came across a strange fact the other day about Dundee Utd -That it has been taken up by people from Nigeria as being the worst thing anyone can say of another person.
So if a Nigerian said to you that you were "a right Dundee" or that you were a "complete Dundee Utd" that this would be the most derogatory remark that anyone could ever make. Basically that they were like the Village idiot.
Love to be at a press conference and ask; either Wilf or Nacho who they thought was "a right Dundee" at the club
On QI wasn't it?

Another good weekend for the hideous little twat

#prayforthatcuntrodgers

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570