New ex-players (and managers) thread

Just told my brother despite his flaws no way we get relegated with him in our team that season. If his salary was the issue, letting him go cost us far more.
He had a very good relationship directly with Top.

Based on absolutely no knowledge at all, I bet someone didn't like that.

Just told my brother despite his flaws no way we get relegated with him in our team that season. If his salary was the issue, letting him go cost us far more.
He wouldn’t have kept us up. Kasper is a legend of our football club. But nostalgia, and the complete clown of a keeper we replaced him with, is clouding the fact that at the end he wasn’t a very good keeper for us.

He wouldn’t have kept us up. Kasper is a legend of our football club. But nostalgia, and the complete clown of a keeper we replaced him with, is clouding the fact that at the end he wasn’t a very good keeper for us.

He was still better than Ward though. So he would have made more saves. We only needed two more points to stay up. A save that stopped a win becoming a draw would have done that.

He was still better than Ward though. So he would have made more saves. We only needed two more points to stay up. A save that stopped a win becoming a draw would have done that.
I see your point but it’s not that simple. What if he was rooted to his line and we let in two more set-piece goals that turned a win into a draw and a draw into a defeat?

I see your point but it’s not that simple. What if he was rooted to his line and we let in two more set-piece goals that turned a win into a draw and a draw into a defeat?

It's not that simple. But what is simple to understand is that he's better than Ward. So over the course of the season we'd likely concede fewer goals and get more points.

It's not that simple. But what is simple to understand is that he's better than Ward. So over the course of the season we'd likely concede fewer goals and get more points.
I’m not saying selling him and playing Ward was the right move. The mistake was not having a replacement lined up or bringing in Iversen to replace him. I just think that moving on from Kasper should have been part of the fabled rebuild that the **** Rodgers talked about.

But I see what you’re saying Jeff

The fact he had bollocks and was a leader was the problem.

Rodgers was a complete ****, let's not for get that.
As soon as Kasper left, I knew that the problem was Rodger's ego and we were in trouble. Once again, an indication that our club was a rudderless ship floating in a sea of ineptitude and indifference, captained by a certain Rodger Bligh.

As soon as Kasper left, I knew that the problem was Rodger's ego and we were in trouble. Once again, an indication that our club was a rudderless ship floating in a sea of ineptitude and indifference, captained by a certain Rodger Bligh.
Think I’d have preferred him to Jonny Evans

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00
9Fulham00